Friday, March 11, 2016

Potlucks and birthdays

So, yeah, it's been a while...



We've been busy with the usual.


At the end of February we celebrated Grandpa's 91st birthday with an evening at the condos and a taffy pull.

My parents were in Florida so, I sent them this picture to make them feel jealous. :)


The taffy pullers


Kirk and Troy taking over from their dads.




We've been spending a lot of evenings going to potlucks.  We've been to three in the last two weeks and have two more to go.




The 29th, my high school friends got together for a mini baby shower.  Emily had Jase only a few days before! Katie brought little Saylor. And, Haley is due sometime in the summer (I'm terrible with remembering due dates). 


The new baby's Jase and Saylor.



All together again.

We graduated almost 7 years ago and we still get together at least once a year.  Our topics of conversation have changed over the years. As can be expected, motherhood has quickly taken over as the number one conversation topic.  :) 





My Sunday school class and the other young grades sang at our hymn sing a couple weeks back.  I think it provided more entertainment then anything. :) Five year olds aren't exactly the most refined. I was supposed to help lead them, but I think I spent most of the time stifling laughter.


This past Sunday we went over to the farm in the evening and celebrated mom's 60th birthday. I made cake.  A couple Christmas's ago I got a cake decorating kit from Nathan's aunts. I decided it was a good time to try.




I think I did pretty good for a first try.

The girls had fun playing with Jake's old light saber.


and dad got in on the fun.


I am ready for spring.  I spend my free time at work looking up gardening stuff.  I think I'd like to build a raised garden. I think it would look nicer for town.    I can't wait until I can do some flower shopping and work on my landscaping. In general, I just can't wait to be outside.

Our bulbs are almost blooming already.

Our March and April are almost already booked. So, I'm not sure when I'm going to get time to actually do any of my spring projects. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: