Sunday, August 6, 2017

Wyss Vacation 2017

We survived all of our vacations. :)  

Wyss Vacation was the 23rd- 30th back in the Ozarks.   We were able to go for the whole time.  Gideon did great. He didn't do so great at night, but I don't ever get a ton of sleep on vacation. 

On the way down, we stopped at a restaurant in Springfield that I went to a few times while at a training.  They are famous for their horse shoes.   Horse shoes are anything but healthy.  But, boy are they good. :)
Texas toast, hamburger, french fries, and cheese!
:)


We got to the resort, unpacked, and then headed out to supper with a few of the others who had already arrived. 





Gideon tried a lemon.

The resort, Holiday Shores, was nice, but very steep. There were tons of stairs.  We were on the lowest level and had to climb a long way to get anywhere.   I hoped that I would get stronger by the end of the week, but it was still just as exhausting. 

As usual, we had good suppers every night and breakfasts, though toned down, were good as well.    I checked off my whole vacation bucket list, so it was good. :) Gideon and I got to the pool every day. Nathan played games with the guys.  I went tubing a few times and wake boarding (I can still get up!).  We played games or watched movies in the evening.  

Gideon loved being around other kids. He tried so hard to keep up with them and make friends. 

Pictures from the week:

the pool and splash area.
Gideon loved taking my fingers and walking around, in and out of the sprinklers and pool.


games before supper


playing with grandpa


Vacation is exhausting.  He fell asleep at the pool.



Kray brought the boat and did an awesome job of driving. 
Kayla and Carli on the tube, I believe.


view of our resort from the water. 


So. many. stairs.


hehe. On their phones. 
No worries, this was followed by the greatest game of Imagine If ever.


Looking down at our cabin, on the left, from the stairs


Tubing!


I think that's me and Kayla :)


"The beach is that way."


singing after supper


Gideon and Cadence


playing with Adelaide


He loved William


William, Gideon, and Justice.



Quarteting


Such a hunk.


another day at the pool


Lemonade Shakeup!

We brought ingredients for lemonade shakeups. I had fun serving them on hot afternoons.  


Gideon trying to fit in with the cool kids ;)


Yay!!! I didn't know if this was still possible. :)
I did get exhausted very quickly, but I got up, and it was fun.


my dad caught a fish :) I made him pose for this picture.


We rented a floating mat one day. It was great fun.

The swimming dock

There was another, rather rough, group down at the dock a few days.  They were drinking alcoholic beverages.  One afternoon, I made lemonade shakeups and took a bunch down for the cousins and aunts. When I started handing them out to kids, I noticed that the other group was looking at me with very disapproving glaces. I only then realized that they probably assumed the drinks were alcoholic... hehe :) oh well. 


Our cabin




the conference room where we had suppers



One evening, I left Gideon with Nathan and joined some of the cousins playing laser tag.

Go red team! we won :) I was the worst on our team though...


I'm sure there is a better picture out there....
The whole group.

Anyway, good times. I have a pretty awesome family. And despite having a nine month old, I had a great vacation. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Love the blog! And you! ak