Sunday, April 14, 2013

Young Group fun

We've been having a lot of fun down here at U of I lately. 

A few Fridays ago, April 6th, some of us went out to eat at Meatheads for supper. They have awesome burgers and fries and a really cool pop dispenser. :) 
Afterwards, we played volleyball at the sand courts. It wasn't very cold outside but, the sand was freezing so the game didn't last as long as it normally does.  It's really hard to run when you can't feel your toes. 

That Saturday, was college weekend.  I am so thankful I was able to take a less active roll. I was able to socialize and introduce Nathan to Kacie and some of my friends. Kacie informed me that she approves. :)
Everyone in the yg did a phenomenal job hosting and being sociable, which is sometimes difficult for our engineer minded yg. ;)  
The weekend's theme was "Bound to Christ."  The talks were all really thought provoking.  The talks were: Sweet Surrender, Salt of the Earth, Supporting the Body, and Glorying in Infirmities. 

Sunday, Nathan and I drove back to Princeville for church. It was slightly overwhelming meeting everyone as   his fiance but, they were so welcoming. I don't think I'll remember any of their names though. 
That evening we had our official "engagement supper" with both families.

Last week, due to weather cancellations we had a game night and a Perkins night. I taught some in the yg how to play Bang. I think it was a hit. :) 

Saturday, Jenny, Lena, my mom and I, got together to figure out wedding stuff. 
I drove back to Champaign that afternoon. And, I spent the evening hanging out with the yg. 

Today, after church, a group of us played soccer for a while. Then we had an impromptu cookout at Baytown. I got to watch some of the guys attempt to grill. Which was funny but, slightly scary too. :)

Well, that was a quick catch up of the past few weeks. 

Four weeks until I graduate!  :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I look forward to it. We are so thankful for you and Nathan and pray for God's blessings on your engagement and life together. It will be so nice to meet you together. We enjoyed some from Princeville and Bradford at our single invite this weekend.
ak