Friday, February 21, 2014

six-monthiversary

This is just a little behind.

Nathan's Birthday is on Valentines day. Our sixth month of being married fell on the 4th. So, we celebrated our valentines day on our six-monthiversary. Nathan pampered me. :)

He got me my favorite kind of doughnuts for breakfast:

This is what i'm talking about. Old fashioned doughnuts. Yum.

When I got home from work these were waiting for me:
:) so...I may have squealed a ton, jumped up and down, 
laughed, clapped my hands, ran around the house...and made a general excited ruckus over the flowers. 
After my performance,I don't think Nathan will ever second guess if flowers are a good idea :)

Now, if you remember, the 4th of February was the day that huge snow storm was supposed to hit, except it really didn't. But, Nathan and I, as crazy as we are decided we'd go out to eat. We made it to Peoria and back just fine and had a nice quiet meal at Biaggi's. 

It was a great day. :)

For Nathan's Birthday, I made him choose between his two favorites: lasagna and strawberry shortcake.  I also bought him a few boring presents. 

And, randomly, Here is a picture from one of the really cold mornings this winter. 
notice the bright patches to the side? :)
It's a sun-dog! :) 

closer up

In Christ
~Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love flowers too. Usually they are really dead when I throw them out:)
I don't know if I have ever seen sun dogs. Those are impressive!
ak

Emily said...

I love flowers too and always make a huge deal about it:) I think Derek gets them for me just for the reaction lol

Heidi said...

Where did you find old fashioned donuts?? Every time I've wanted one, every place tells me they only do them for special orders. Sour cream donuts are not the same.

Michelle said...

Heidi- I think the donut shop in Washington