The past week or so was a pretty full work week.
Tuesday I was supposed to go to Chicago for a meeting and Wednesday I was supposed to go to Decatur for court. Both were canceled due to the weather. I don't know how I would have gotten every thing done if I would have had to go.
The week also came with a few firsts. When I started the job I never would have thought they were part of my job description. I took one of my clients in to the police department to register as a sex offender.
And, the other day I sat with one of my clients in the ER because she was threatening to commit suicide. I sat through her psych screening and learned that she had attempted suicide last month and had been hospitalized more times than she could remember.
On my drive home I couldn't help thinking about the heaviness of the things I deal with at work. I was shocked how much it wasn't affecting me.
But, I realized, God has given me the strength to deal with things I never thought I could and never dreamed I would.
I can only thank Him for that strength and ask for your prayers. I hope that I can shine some light for Christ in this dark world.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment