Which means we're running on low sleep, covered in paint, and have two very messy places right now. :) The apartment is a disaster and the house is getting there.
We've been spending every evening at the house except for Sundays and Wednesday evenings when we get to put aside all of the craziness to worship.
Last Saturday evening Matt and Lena had Potluck. It was a good evening. We stayed away from controversial topics so my blood wasn't boiling when we left. :) I admit that it's partly, mainly, mostly my fault most of the time- a thanks to my opinionated Metzger genes.
All sorts of friends and family have been in to help out. (Thanks everyone!!) And, despite one breakdown on my part (sorry Nathan), I do believe everything will come together in time. Most of the essential rooms are done or started with paint and our crazy HVAC project is underway. James K. came tonight to help Nathan and stayed until 11:30 cutting holes in our floors and walls.
So, yah, there have been some late nights but everything is going well. :) I can't wait to move into our home. I'm getting excited!
In Christ
~Michelle
We've been spending every evening at the house except for Sundays and Wednesday evenings when we get to put aside all of the craziness to worship.
Last Saturday evening Matt and Lena had Potluck. It was a good evening. We stayed away from controversial topics so my blood wasn't boiling when we left. :) I admit that it's partly, mainly, mostly my fault most of the time- a thanks to my opinionated Metzger genes.
All sorts of friends and family have been in to help out. (Thanks everyone!!) And, despite one breakdown on my part (sorry Nathan), I do believe everything will come together in time. Most of the essential rooms are done or started with paint and our crazy HVAC project is underway. James K. came tonight to help Nathan and stayed until 11:30 cutting holes in our floors and walls.
Tristan taping off the dining room.
Joy trimming
My Grandparents came and helped one night. Grandma is a pro at cleaning stoves.
Lena did a wonderful job on our bathroom
Kary and Grandma
Troy and Trent tackled the downstairs bathroom
Grandpa and Grandma brought strawberry short cake! :)
Even Emmy has been to the house :)
Nathan working on our cold air returns.
So, yah, there have been some late nights but everything is going well. :) I can't wait to move into our home. I'm getting excited!
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment