We are completely moved in. It is a strange feeling to finally be here. The house is still a mess with boxes everywhere and little unfinished projects.
Last week we got our carpets cleaned, painted some more, and Nathan started dry-walling for the HVAC project.
Thursday night we packed up the kitchen and hauled it to the house.
Friday, I ran to Menards in the morning, painted the office with Kendra, unpacked and set up our kitchen with Jenny, went back to the apartment and packed, unloaded back a the house, and cleaned up the house for moving day. I was exhausted.
And then, Saturday we moved. Moving day was actually fun. We had moved most of the "small stuff" already so we just had all of the strong family boys (men) carry the big stuff.
Anyway, I pretty much got to sit back and watch all the chaos and direct traffic. We were done by 2:00, so Nathan, my mom, and I went back to the apartment a cleaned.
Sleep and doing nothing feel so good right now. This place will probably be a disaster for quite some time.
So, we are home now and, we are resting.
God truly provided us with a beautiful home. We are so thankful.
"And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat. Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." ~ Joshua 24:13-15
In Christ
~Michelle
Last week we got our carpets cleaned, painted some more, and Nathan started dry-walling for the HVAC project.
Carpet Cleaners
Nathan doing a wonderful job
trying to decide on paint colors
Thursday night we packed up the kitchen and hauled it to the house.
The Braker clan helped us pack up the kitchen
Friday, I ran to Menards in the morning, painted the office with Kendra, unpacked and set up our kitchen with Jenny, went back to the apartment and packed, unloaded back a the house, and cleaned up the house for moving day. I was exhausted.
Jenny helped me unpack the kitchen
what a mess
and what a cutie :)
And then, Saturday we moved. Moving day was actually fun. We had moved most of the "small stuff" already so we just had all of the strong family boys (men) carry the big stuff.
the piano, the heaviest a most humorous item to move. :)
"Trent support me!" -Trent begins to give a shoulder massage...
it made it safely to the ground!
Grandma brought us lunch :)
And, of course, this appeared. sigh.
Someone else needs to move so I can get rid of this thing.
This must be one heavy mattress.
Anyway, I pretty much got to sit back and watch all the chaos and direct traffic. We were done by 2:00, so Nathan, my mom, and I went back to the apartment a cleaned.
Sleep and doing nothing feel so good right now. This place will probably be a disaster for quite some time.
So, we are home now and, we are resting.
God truly provided us with a beautiful home. We are so thankful.
"And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat. Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." ~ Joshua 24:13-15
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
Ha! I'm so glad the key reappeared. At least you haven't had to deal with those ugly dog paintings. :)
whos the guy man handling the top of the paino hahah
Post a Comment