Sorrow. Great sorrow is what I feel.
Am I shocked? No.
Do I despair? No.
Do I think this is a sign of the end? Actually, no. Could it be close? Sure.
The Supreme Court's ruling today is painful. It hurts to see sin embraced, but I don't believe the sin of our nation is in of itself a sign of the end.
Christian's were promised many things, and of those things, trials, tribulations, and being hated were some of them. Just because we are beginning to have our eyes opened to the consequence of our own negligence in prayer and sharing the gospel, does not mean it is the end.
People need Christ. Bottom line.
We are the oddballs now, we are the outcasts. Are we ready for it? Are we even aware of it?
We are the oddballs now, we are the outcasts. Are we ready for it? Are we even aware of it?
Working under a gay boss, with LGBT clients, and in an agency that promotes LGBT affinity, I can say my eyes have been opened, at least part way. They are lost souls, like you and I once were. They need Christ's love.
And how do they see Christ's love? Through us, the church.
And how do they see Christ's love? Through us, the church.
We should not cower. We should not despair.
We should be sorrowful. We should weep. We should rise up as the church of Christ. As His army here on earth, and fight back.
We have nothing to fear.
"...upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18
In Christ
~Michelle
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment