Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hibernation

Well, January is almost over. 

The past two weeks have been quiet.
On January 10th we finally had the Schlipf Christmas, since the power outage had canceled it before. 
cold fields

My one picture of the evening.

  We have barely had any evening plans until recently.  We've mainly spent our time working on building shelving in the basement and the chair seats.
Nathan building the shelves. 

We tried a third time to stain them in the kitchen. Which worked better, I think because it was warmer, but the varnish still pulled the stain out. 


So, after yet another trip to Menards, we are now trying Danish Oil finish.  I like how it goes on so much better than stain and varnish and it has a really nice look to it. The problem is you have to wait 24-48 hours between coats. I think I have the final coat on two of the seats so the end is near.

On Friday evening we went to my cousin's play "The Hound of the Clackervilles" a spoof on a Sherlock Holmes mystery. It was hilarious. Mainly because I knew half of the kids in it. :)

On Saturday, Nathan had some coworkers over to pay games. They are engineers, so there should be no surprise that they enjoy playing games. :) 

Sunday evening, we hosted Wyss Cousin's night.  It was fun. We played a game or two, ate pizza, and I pulled out the cotton candy maker again. 
cousins

on their phones... tsk tsk.

Other than that, I've been curling up on the couch with a good book, waiting for my chair seats to dry, trying to hibernate until winter is over. 

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!