The past couple weeks have, again, been quiet.
On the 21st, we went to the Virkler's studio to record for the Zion's Harp CDs. It was fun as usual. I love being able to sing with a group of good singers that enjoy putting emotion in to the music.
That Friday, we went to Layne and Heather's for potluck. It was a good evening. We had plenty of discussions that led to a soap box or two. :)
Last Saturday, we had Nathan's friends over in the afternoon and evening for a very belated Thanksgiving. They were going to have it closer to the actual date, but obviously, it got postponed. We cleaned the house in the morning and finally got our picture hung. We've been in our house for a year and a half, and it was about time to get something on the wall.
We took the picture in Acadia last summer.
The tables set for dinner.
I went skating at Ron and Kary's in the early afternoon. I'm super out of shape and an hours worth really wiped me out.
It was great to be back on the ice.
Nathan and I had never cooked a Turkey before, but It went pretty well.
It's it pretty?
I think it tasted pretty good for our first attempt. :)
Everyone sitting around for dinner
Food :)
The aftermath... Lots and lots of dishes
It was actually kind of nice to have a Thanksgiving dinner away from all of the other holidays. And, it was a lot of fun to host a more formal dinner. I got to pull out my china, which is always a plus. :)
Last Sunday, we went with my parents, Jenny, Cecily, and Troy to the Peoria Symphony Orchestra. It was a family concert and they encouraged costumes. Cecily was dressed like Elsa.
Posing with Elsa.
The Orchestra.
Ned came up from Champaign and was playing in the orchestra. He came over to our house afterwords and spent the evening with us. It was fun :) I enjoy having him around.
We've been spending the rest of our evening working here and there on the basement project. We finished the shelving in the basement and have started cleaning and organizing all of our junk.
February is going to be a lot busier than January was, so I'm glad we had some time at home to work on projects before the craziness hits.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment