Monday, February 8, 2016

Skiing

February started out much like January had gone- slow and quiet.  That did not last.


I spent the evening with this cute little dude the other night. :)

Thursday, Nathan and I bought a van. 

Yes, a van. We'd been needing a second vehicle and my Grandparents were wanting to sell.  We don't really need a van and we probably won't need one for a long time, but we decided that since we are always borrowing larger vehicles for things, it might be nice to have something bigger. 

So, now I'll look like a soccer mom driving my clients around :)

Friday, I took the title in and got all the paperwork done.

Saturday, we took our new van on it's first adventure.  A few of us went up to Cascade Mountain in Wisconsin skiing. 


Nathan and I :)
He did pretty good for his first time skiing.



:)
One of my favorite winter activities.

what a view.

Kirk, me, and Kayla on the lift


Nathan and I had just gotten to a ski lift when I heard "Michelle!" In a very familiar voice.  Tristan and Larissa were also at cascade for the day! :) and the whole Gramm family. We didn't get to see too much of them since we stuck to the easier slopes, but I did get to ride the lift with them a few times.

Also, right when we were going to our first slope, a snowmobile with the medical sled flew by. A girl was on the sled with an oxygen mask on her face. A medic was kneeling over her on the sled as it whizzed by. For about 30 minutes while I coached Nathan how to ski on the bunny hill, they had her behind blankets, with an awaiting ambulance. We joked that For Nathan first skiing venture, of course something crazy would happen like that. Sadly, we later learned that the girl had died... Not really a joking matter.

The weather was perfect and made fore a fun day on the slopes. I think I skied all the slopes except the black diamonds. I'm getting too old for those. 

Sunday evening, we went over to Fred and Di's for Tate's birthday party.
William was the center of attention.
He is showing his support for the super bowl...hehe.


The plans for this week include cleaning and packing for our upcoming Florida trip. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: