Thursday, May 26, 2016

May

I'm not quite sure how May is almost over.  This happens every month, so I should be surprised.


We celebrated Emmy's birthday in early May.  She is two now. And definitely in top two cutest nieces ever. ;)




Emmy's bird cake and bunny cake to the far right.


We spent mother's day with the Wyss's at the condo's.  It was the typical gathering with plenty of good food, sitting around, and interesting conversations to overhear.



Jack seemed to enjoy himself. :)




Jack and Nancy (Lena's grandparents) joined us.
I'm sure with them and Andy, Pearl, and Grandpa and Grandma, the conversation was hilarious.


And, with May comes flowers.  I love late spring and summer.   I spent way too much time and money at the Washington green house one afternoon.


What a glorious sight.


my cart was full of wonderful things


I spent that evening planning flowers and the garden. 

Our porch back to it's summer-time glory. :)


We have 5 rhubarb bushes (?) and they have been going nuts.  I still had some rhubarb in the freezer from last year, so I bought some strawberries and made a few pies one evening.


all the necessary ingredients :)


yum


plain rhubarb complete with a lattice top.


and the strawberry rhubarb.


Not only is our rhubarb doing well, our strawberry patch is exploding.  Not many have ripened yet, but there are lots of little green ones.


The first ripe strawberry.
It was amazing.


My birthday came and went. :)  There will be more in another post.  And, work has also been keeping me busy.   Last I went to the doctor, baby B, as the baby shall be called,  seems to be doing well.  Poor Nathan will have to deal with my ever increasing bouts of nesting and planning. :)

In Christ
~Michelle



No comments: