Monday, May 2, 2016

Gathering of the Alumni

Two weekends ago, we hosted a U of I reunion. We tried to invite the young groups from when we were at U of I.   Out of 40 possible (maybe more) we got 23 guests. :)


Taco bar. 
We had plenty of food.


It was a beautiful day, so we were able to move the festivities outside for a while. 



Tristan brought some outdoor games. 

A few brought their musical instruments. We sang a few country western songs. :)




It was great fun.  A solid turn out from the UIUC YG. I miss the intelligent conversation and comfortable silences.  The best part of college was the young group, it was so good to be back together with them for a bit. 


In every day activities: we planted our garden. 
He is such a trooper.
Actually, he knows more about gardening than me.

our rhubarb is going nuts :)

Asparagus! 

our strawberry patch has grown.

beautiful green and sunshine

The other evening I invited us over to my parents for supper.  For two reasons. I feel sick and don't feel like cooking.  Of my two lilac bushes we only have one bloom and the farm has tons.
The girlies were there. I took them out flower picking with me after supper. 

I think these are my favorite flowers.
:)

I'm loving spring.  Those few warm days we had were amazing.  April was crazy. We are looking forward to a quieter May. 


In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love lilacs too. The best smell!
Good to see your pictures! Hope your appetite comes back soon.
love,
ak