Monday, April 25, 2016

It's about time

I suppose that it is about time to announce:






Yup, that is correct.  I'm pregnant. :)



FAQs:

Q: When are you due?
A: I'm going to go with October. The doctor thinks they know better than me on the date so there is quite the range. :)

Q. How are you feeling?
A: (I'm trying very hard not to be snarky) I'm alive, as you can tell. I think I'm feeling pretty good.  But, maybe I'm just a super strong human being who can handle more than you. ;) hehe. No really. I'm doing well. But, truthfully this question gets old...sorry.

Q: Was it planned?
A: I won't even try not to be snarky. Why. Why would you ever ask this? We've been married almost 3 years... ?

Q: Are you excited?
A: Still such an odd question to ask.  But, yes, very.  Will I show it? Probably in spurts, but I'm also extremely practical and know it won't be all sunshine and daisies.

Q: When did you announce?
A: um... we just sorta started telling people and went from there.   I don't like a lot of attention so I prefer the trickle effect. 


In other news, we are also one class and a home study away from being licensed as foster parents. :) I'm not sure when we'll start taking kids. Once we are "ready" it could be months before they call us. If anyone has toys, games, books, or clothes, for 0-3(ish) year olds we'd appreciate donations :) so we can be prepared. A lot of kids come with very little and we pretty much have nothing. 

So, recently I've been doing a lot of crib shopping,  room arrangement planning, and Pinterest-ing for ideas. 

The other evening we were with Nathan's family and they opened the Bible to read. Before they started, I immediately thought of a verse. They started reading and read the exact verse:

"And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me." ~ Mark 9:36-37

Prayers appreciated for both steps in our life.


In Christ
~Michelle


3 comments:

Daniel & Wendi said...

So excited for you about both! :)

Anonymous said...

What??? Love these Braker babies.

Question: Am I excited? Answer: YES! Of course, YES!

Love you guys!

Aunt Jane

Jolynn said...

How exciting for you both Michelle! Children are a blessing and a challenge :) you will do great! Exciting about your fostering! Wow! great news!