Saturday, June 18, 2016

FAQs

Gasp. I know, two blogs in such a short time frame! :)


I've been getting a lot of questions lately.  So, I figured to save myself more explaining and possibly save some of you some questioning, here is  FAQ round two:
(Find round one here)


Q: Are we finding out what we are having?
A: I'm pretty sure it's a baby. ;)
   No, we don't plan to find out.  Why?  I don't want anyone else to know. (And, I'm terrible at keeping secrets)  I like neutral colors such as grey, tan etc. I love blues of all shades, yes even for a girl. Sorry, my color choices are no indication of gender. :) And, I don't want to get a lot of clothes at my shower.
  I also want to be surprised. It's the reason I love birthdays and Christmas.  I might have guesses about what I'm getting, but the anticipation and excitement of not knowing is so much better.


Q: Will we still foster?
A: Yup :)  The details of when, how often, for how long, etc. are unknown. When and if we get a call, we will have to decide then. But, we are still open and willing to foster at any time.


Q: Can we say no when we get a call about a foster child?
A: Yes.  If it's not good timing- like a week before my due date or right after Baby.  We can even say no if  based on the information we get, the child seems like they wouldn't be a good fit for our home.


Q: What ages are we fostering?
A: We said 0-3 years old.   It was kind of a random decision based slightly on the fact that I'm still kind of young and we have some experience with nieces and nephews in that age range.


Q: When am I quitting work?
A: Um... well... I'm not sure I am quitting. Gasp.  I've had the full spectrum of reactions to this, but yah, I'm not sure yet.   I feel that God has me there for a reason, so until I feel He is moving me on, I will probably stay.

I'm sure I'll get all sorts of questions as all of the above progresses, so we might need a round three ;)

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

The Vollmer's said...

totally agree that it's good not for others to know what gender you're having because you get very practical things at your shower's:)

Anonymous said...

Question: Are you having a boy or a girl?
Answer: Yes.
:-)