Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September

Goodness gracious, September is flying by. 


We've been really busy and it doesn't look like it will ever really let up.  Which is good. It makes me actually hope that baby comes late.


We celebrated Labor Day weekend by heading out to Indiana for the Braker reunion.  The reunion was at a lake cabin and the weather was beautiful. I pretty much parked myself in the sun and watched the activities.
the lake

trying to gather the family for a picture...


We both had the day off that Monday, so...Projects!   We worked on the finishing touches of a few of the previous projects and in the afternoon, my mom came over and helped me paint the baby's room.  (Yes, I painted while pregnant. gasp.)


Tuesday Nathan and I did a second coat and on Thursday my mom came back over and helped pretty up the trim and put the room back together.


It's going to be super cute. Just saying. :)


On the 10th, we hosted potluck. We made chicken parmesan. It was awesome.


even the leftovers looked good! :)


Last week we had a few things scheduled that got canceled. I love it when that happens.  We took advantage of a little bit of quietness.


The 17th, I spent pretty much all day baking. :) which I love. you just can't go wrong with incredible amounts of butter, cinnamon and sugar. 
My mom served lunch on Sunday, so I made cinnamon rolls for her.

Oh yah :)



Sunday, Nathan and I went to Cissna for ACYF day. Nathan is a Bible Class teacher this year, so I did my wifely duty and went along. I'm glad I did. It turns out a good friend of mine is in the same position and we got to hang out all day, which was the first time in a few years. :)


The rest of September looks just about as busy with a Wedding, more projects, birth class and other baby preparations.


In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved catching up on blogs since summer began! Enjoyed them. Love your door decoration! And the food looks awesome:)