Well, I don't feel like I have much to post about. Gideon and I have been laying low the past couple weeks.
He is still sick. :( We hit week #5 for this awful cold. I think I'm finally getting better.
Gideon will get better for a few days and then get worse and then better...So, we've venture out a bit. We made it to Nelson and Janelle's wedding on Sunday and he actually did really well.
Gideon got his shots on Tuesday, so he spiked a little fever on Wednesday. A cold + a fever makes for a very miserable little boy. And, a very frazzled mother.
I called the doctor again and we went in on Thursday. It was mainly for my peace of mind that this wasn't developing in to anything more than a cold. Thankfully, it's not. The doctor thinks Gideon and I keep passing the same mutating cold back and forth. And, sent us home with instructions to keep doing what I'm doing.
The sad thing is, when the doctor asks if he's been more fussy than normal, I can't remember what normal is.
To top it all off, Thursday evening into this morning I was clobbered with a stomach bug. (I think it's passed, but I haven't eaten enough to know.)
I'm shot. I think my immune system is nonexistent at the moment. I think I could sleep forever.
I am so thankful for an amazing husband. He's been getting up with me at night to help give breathing treatments. He gets groceries when either myself or Gideon don't seem up for the trip. He stayed up pretty much all night with me last night and gave Gideon bottles while I ran for the bathroom. Basically, he's been keeping me sane.
My mom has been awesome too, stopping by to sit with me, hold Gideon, and do my dishes. :) Lena even brought me some Gatorade today.
It just makes me realized how blessed I am. I cannot imagine how single mothers do it. How anyone could survive this without family. I knew so many young moms who try. And, we wonder why they fail.
On a slightly humorous note (well I found it funny, otherwise I would have cried), when we tried to leave for the doctor's I realized that the windows were iced over. The van doesn't have a scraper. I had to use a plastic spatula from the kitchen. Also, the side doors had frozen shut, so I had to climb through the front to get Gideon into the van. We ended up being late to the appointment. When we tried to leave, I realized the doors had frozen shut again. The lady in the car next to me got to witness me slipping and sliding around trying to yank the door open.
sigh.
Here's to hoping things start getting better.
In Christ
~Michelle
He is still sick. :( We hit week #5 for this awful cold. I think I'm finally getting better.
Gideon will get better for a few days and then get worse and then better...So, we've venture out a bit. We made it to Nelson and Janelle's wedding on Sunday and he actually did really well.
I called the doctor again and we went in on Thursday. It was mainly for my peace of mind that this wasn't developing in to anything more than a cold. Thankfully, it's not. The doctor thinks Gideon and I keep passing the same mutating cold back and forth. And, sent us home with instructions to keep doing what I'm doing.
The sad thing is, when the doctor asks if he's been more fussy than normal, I can't remember what normal is.
To top it all off, Thursday evening into this morning I was clobbered with a stomach bug. (I think it's passed, but I haven't eaten enough to know.)
I'm shot. I think my immune system is nonexistent at the moment. I think I could sleep forever.
I am so thankful for an amazing husband. He's been getting up with me at night to help give breathing treatments. He gets groceries when either myself or Gideon don't seem up for the trip. He stayed up pretty much all night with me last night and gave Gideon bottles while I ran for the bathroom. Basically, he's been keeping me sane.
My mom has been awesome too, stopping by to sit with me, hold Gideon, and do my dishes. :) Lena even brought me some Gatorade today.
It just makes me realized how blessed I am. I cannot imagine how single mothers do it. How anyone could survive this without family. I knew so many young moms who try. And, we wonder why they fail.
On a slightly humorous note (well I found it funny, otherwise I would have cried), when we tried to leave for the doctor's I realized that the windows were iced over. The van doesn't have a scraper. I had to use a plastic spatula from the kitchen. Also, the side doors had frozen shut, so I had to climb through the front to get Gideon into the van. We ended up being late to the appointment. When we tried to leave, I realized the doors had frozen shut again. The lady in the car next to me got to witness me slipping and sliding around trying to yank the door open.
sigh.
Here's to hoping things start getting better.
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
I was just thinking about you, wondering if you guys were doing any better! So sorry it's lasted so long! :(
Post a Comment