Saturday, April 29, 2017

Easter and Sunshine

We had a wonderful couple days of gorgeous sunny weather.  Gideon and I loved it. 

Gideon loves going outside. He gets excited anytime I take him to the door. :)  

Taking a walk. looking so cool.



The other evening we decided it was time to set up the high chair. I think he enjoys being up closer to us while we eat. 





playing with "toys"


look mom, I can feed myself.

He has become increasingly interested in food.  

Staring me down during supper. He sat like this for most of the meal. 


With sunshine and warm weather comes gardening. I made Nathan help me build an edge around my strawberries and rhubarb. 


My lilacs are blooming!!


Easter!  
We spent Easter with the Wyss family.  Gideon got to wear his cool Easter outfit. :)



We took a picture after church.



Jack surrounded by the Wyss men.




Gideon enjoyed kicking and looking at all the toy cars.


some interesting conversation I'm sure.


Some strange and difficult frizbee game... I'm terrible at frizbee

It was a good Easter.  As always, a wonderful reminder of the price of our salvation.


Gideon is 6 months old!  He has quite the personality and has learned how to fake cry and giggles a lot. :) From my own rough weigh in, he was 17.6 lbs!  

Happy as can be.

I enjoyed all the previous stages, but I am loving this 6 month stage. He is so much more fun.   This is when I normally start thinking babies are cute.  He's still just as much work but I love watching him play, talk to himself,  and sing in the van. :) 


My mom was kind enough to come along with me to take Gideon for his 6 month pictures and by seeds, plants, and flowers.  I may have gotten another lilac bush. :)

:)




I love this time of year!

My dad came over one afternoon. He brought me more dirt for my garden.  yay. 


A lot of dirt!


full boxes

One chilly day we managed to get out and plant the garden.   We bundled Gideon up and rigged up some shade.
Gideon got to try out our hammock too.  



enjoying the shade on the porch



He fell asleep on our walk to the park


He likes to play with his food






another sunny morning.

Carrots for lunch

This kid loves to sit up.  He is so proud of himself.

look at me!



Toes!

Bath time, among everything else, is getting more fun by the day.

I gots a ducky



being ever so helpful with the house work


cashed out


No mom. Don't read your book. Play with me.



We still have our ups and downs.  Gideon is very clingy and I think he may be teething, or have another ear infection, or be going through a growth or development spurt, or he's just cranky.  He also doesn't really nap.  And, if he does it's so unpredictable when it will be or how long it will last, that it really is no help at all.   Some days are great.  Some days, getting anything done during the day is a miracle.   The house and dishes normally don't get clean until after Nathan is home.  So, it's difficult to not to wonder why I'm staying home at all.   But, then again, on the good days, I get tons done and I'm glad I'm home. 

Thursday and Friday evenings, I got to help record songs for the Zion's Harp CDs.  I love being a part of the recordings.  I love singing with a group of people who also love singing and I love singing some really beautiful hymns really well.
  I left Gideon with Nathan on Thursday and my mom on Friday.   She sent me this:
just melts your heart.


In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Shelly. It sounds to me like you are quite ambitious and productive. and (" Gideon is very clingy and I think he may be teething, or have another ear infection, or be going through a growth or development spurt, or he's just cranky. He also doesn't really nap. And, if he does it's so unpredictable when it will be or how long it will last, that it really is no help at all. Some days are great. Some days, getting anything done during the day is a miracle. ") it sounds like the nonproductive days are amazingly full. Productivity is not always measured by things:). You are loving a "clingy, cranky" boy on those days with care--and there is no one that would do it like you! As my hubby says, when the chips are down, they want mommy. ;)
It is hard though!!
Love you much. I pray for young mothers as it is a hard job that at times can seem unfulfilling as society (and sometime our flesh) measures it. But God blesses us when we are doing His will and following His direction for us where He places us. AND he is so cute:)


Anonymous said...

Amen to above. No one would love "cranky" as much as you (or maybe Grandma:)