I love May.
There are so many wonderful things. Most of them have to do with sunshine and flowers. :) Another wonderful thing is the increased business. I do much better with variety and maybe even a tad bit of stress.
May 3rd we went to the doctor for Gideon's 6 month check up. The doctor laughed at his growth chart. It's more of a line upward than a curve. :) He's on the short side though. Which isn't much of a surprise.
17.6 lbs and 26.5 inches long
Last Thursday, I went out to Camp Grove to help Rebecca paint. They live in a very old house and were having issues with paint peeling off the ceiling. I painted Eva's ceiling and I think it turned out ok. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do. Nathan's Mom watched Eva and Gideon while we painted. Gideon loved talking to Eva, but she seemed unimpressed.
On the drive home I got stuck in traffic for a half hour. From what I could tell, a semi got blown off the interstate. Nathan was awesome and made supper while I sat in traffic and Gideon slept through the whole thing. When I finally got home Nathan's Aunt Jane was there, she wanted to finally meet Gideon. :)
Then on Friday, I forced my mom to come along with me to a gigantic kids consignment sale in Peoria. (It's just way more fun to go with someone) I got a few toys and some pants for Gideon. It was already pretty picked over. Next year I'll have to try to go on the first day.
playing with one of his new toys
Alyssa and Kray came in to town to visit grandpa and grandma, so Kendra and I met them for lunch at the condos. Gideon and Kray seem to really like each other. :)
Last Saturday morning, I helped host Katherine's baby shower. I didn't see too many of the gifts, but it looked like she got a ton of cute little girl dresses. Which reminds me why it is a very good thing for my bank account that we did not have a girl.
That afternoon, my dad and Jake came over to chop our tree down. Gideon went out to watch but quickly went back inside. The chainsaw had gotten stuck in the tree and the tree was tilting towars the power lines. My nerves couldn't take it. We hid inside until the tree was down. My dad borrowed a rope from Roy and pulled the tree down with the truck.
trying to pull the tree over.
It finally came down.
They chopped the tree up, left of some fire wood, and loaded the rest into the truck. I'm a little sad about losing a smidge of privicy but that tree was ugly and dying.
Saturday evening, we went to the church invite a guest. We invited Reid and Tiffany. Gideon was a champ all through supper but had decided that enough was enough halfway through the singing. Kendra M. and Kaylyn S. were also invited by other couples. It was great to see them too. :)
Sunday after church, we celebrated Emmy's birthday at the farm. She's 3!
It was a lovely afternoon to play outside.
Cadence on the green chair
Emmy, Cecily, and Jack
his majesty's throne
tractor ride
Cecily playing a game with the boys
I'm not sure if I'm crazy. But, since everything went wonderfully... nah, I'm still crazy. Like I said, I actually like a bit of stress. I decided to host a mother's day brunch for the area Wyss Women this past Wednesday.
I made Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls. The best. :)
oh. yum.
I set the table Tuesday evening so I could sleep in later :)
Flowers and succulents :)
yes I used my china :)
:)
I want that too
It was a fun morning. And, again I realised I love having people over. Not only does it fulfill my stir-crazy/boredom/extrovert needs, my house is clean and I have pretty flowers. :) hehe.
I don't know if I over did it or what, but on Thursday I utterly crashed. I had been battling a cold but it hit so hard on Thursday, that I barely wanted to move. Thankfully Gideon was in a great mood and was content to sit and talk to his toys.
He's given me a break from his no napping phase, and while he still doesn't have much rhyme or reason, he at least is not nearly as cranky. He loves sitting on a blanket outside and watching me work. So, I've been able to finish up a few outdoor projects.
watching me seed some new grass
so happy to be outside.
And here are just a few snap shots of the cuteness I get to deal with daily:
hehe. his hair.
so smug
~Michelle
1 comment:
I am in the process of catching up on family blogs! Loving it. I heard about your breakfast for the Wyss women! It was enjoyed very much. Mom loved it.
Gideon is sooo way cute. His sitting and playing is like my boys. Brent didn't crawl till 10 mos. He sat and played for 4 mos. He was a good baby. I didn't enjoy it enough!;)
Love the "news".
ak
Post a Comment