Two weekend's ago we had a rather crazy time. It seemed everything landed all at once.
My Great Uncle Bill passed away. Jenny and I went to the visitation together on Friday. My parents waited for us there and watched the kids while we went through the line.
After the visitation, I went straight to Carli's graduation party. Nathan went from work to a Sunday School thing. I can't believe Carli has graduated. I just keep feeling older. :) Bryce M and Jesse S also had graduation parties that weekend that we weren't able to make it to.
Saturday, I met Abby and Boden out at the farm. My parents were at Bill's funeral, so I got to show Boden the pigs, chicks, and cows. He was just as interested in stomping in mud puddles, climbing on hay, and chasing the one friendly cat. I'm proud to say, I think the Indiana cousins have actually produced a good ol' farm kid. Hehe. ;)
Abby and Alyssa then brought Boden and Parker to our house to hang out and play for the afternoon. Gideon sat and watched in awe.
That evening we went to the condos for supper. Most everyone headed over to church for testimonies. Abby, Jenny, and I stayed back with the kids and babysitters and just went over for Troy's. Gideon was already cranky so I didn't want to leave him the whole time with already overloaded babysitters or attempt to take him with me. I loved listening to Troy talk about how God has worked in his life. It was very encouraging...and a slight bit amusing at times. :)
Sunday, we spent the big long day at church. Four baptisms bring a lot of people. Especially when four of the largest extended families decide to have baptisms on the same day.
It was a great weekend. I got to see a lot of cousins, though for a short time.
Sunday evening, we crashed at home. Gideon had had enough going and coming and people and lack of naps.
Monday, Gideon and I met Lena and Jack at Five Points in Washington for the kid's swimming time. Gideon loved it. He didn't mind being splashed and kept trying to drink the water. It makes me all the more giddy for summer and pool time.
Ed and Peggy were here from California for the funeral, so they stopped by Monday afternoon. We all had supper at the farm that evening then.
My peonies are finally blooming! Oh how I love flowers.
Screech!!! :)
:) :)
Think I took enough pictures of peonies??
Our strawberries and lettuce took off too.
This was just one day.
And they are so, so good.
Friday, Emily came with her kids, Jace and her little foster daughter. Katy came too, since she had the day off. Gideon loved watching them. He seemed envious of them running around. Poor kid wants to join in the fun.
They were so fun to watch.
This past weekend we had much fewer plans. Well, I had plans. :) Plans to do projects around the house. :) Saturday was a work day here. We finished long awaited projects like a peep hole for our front door and paint touch ups.
Sunday evening we went over to Aaron and Kendra's with Daniel and Wendi and Brad and Katherine. We had a fun evening and Gideon was in a pretty good mood the whole time.
I'm a terrible American. Sigh. I did nothing festive for Memorial Day. We just spent the day cleaning, doing more projects, and relaxing.
Gideon loves strawberries.
He loves to squish them through his fingers.
And smear them all over.
And throw them on the floor.
Gideon likes to eat sweet potatoes with his strawberries.
And smear them on his face.
Gideon loves to make messes.
Gideon loves taking baths.
Hehe.
Yesterday, I bought Gideon a pool.
he is very happy.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment