Friday, May 19, 2017

26

Look at me posting again so soon!
A lot has happened though, and there is a lot more to come. :)

I turned 26, (Woe is me. I'm getting older.) we celebrated Mother's day, Gideon is 7 months old!,  and lots of other fun stuff. 

The older generation probably judges me harshly due to the fact that I never put socks or shoes on my child. gasp! He will catch his death. hehe.    
Anyway, I found so cute little tennis shoes at the big sale the other week, and I decided to try them on him.  
Aren't they cute!!!! 

He didn't really like having them on his feet and was far too interested in pulling the strings. He managed to get them off in about two minutes.  Which is why he never wears them to begin with.  I don't feel like carrying around socks and shoes when we go out. 


This year, my birthday happened to fall on Mother's Day.  So, we celebrated my birthday on Saturday with a stay-cation of sorts. 

We went to Sand Ridge State Forest.  I made Nathan take the long way, a way I drove often for work, and I pointed out all the cool things I enjoyed seeing.  Things such as old barns, Banner Marsh, Emiquon Preserve,  the crazy hills of Little America, and the such like. 


The Emiquon Preserve. 



We had a picnic lunch in the car, the picnic area was a little gross, and hiking for a while in the afternoon. Both Gideon and Nathan were good sports, hehe, and I had a lot of fun. 


ready to go hiking





we borrowed this awesome pack from Jenny
He really seemed to like it


Ahhh!!!:) 


It didn't feel like we were in Illinois still




Cacti!!! 
Yep, Sand Ridge is sandy and has cacti growing wild.


another cactus

We took the short way home and grabbed some ice cream along the way.   After we cleaned up and relaxed a bit, we went out to Olive Garden for supper. :)  Happy Birthday to me!


On Mother's Day, we went to Church with Nathan's family and spent the day with them.


:)


We looked through some pictures and found this. 
Nathan at 6 months. Gideon at 7 months. 

So yup. Mother's day.   I know. I know. I'm weird and unnatural.   I love Gideon and being a mom feels normal. But, Mother's day is just another day and I don't feel sentimental at all about it.  So, at this point in my life, while my only child it practically attached to me, it's more about honoring my mom and mother-in-law who's kids aren't all at home and who've been through a whole lot more. 

On the 16th, Gideon turned 7 months old!




He's a little stinker. :)  He loves to screech and babble. He loves going outside.  He can't crawl yet, but sits up like a little pro.   He is doing better at napping and can play by himself with toys. 



playing with the umbrella while I weeded the garden.


I'm having fun testing out different foods on Gideon.
peas were not his favorite

Gideon got to swing for the first time!


He loved it. 


Kendra invited us over for a swimming party on Thursday.  It was Gideon's first time swimming.  :) He was a little tired but loved the water. 
Gideon and Adelaide

what a little chunk


drying off


 We went on a walk in the evening.
He sat like this almost the whole time



All ready for bed. 
Not a bit tired... 10:00 at night...

And because it's not always sunshine and roses around here...
I dared to go to the bathroom.


We are looking forward to a crazy, exhausting, fun weekend filled with cousins.

In Christ
~Michelle


No comments: