Oh. Goodness. Seriously where does time go?
We ended June with a bit of busyness. But, relaxed busyness.
Nathan had some friends over one Saturday. Gideon and I relaxed, played in his pool, and went on a walk.
That Sunday, Nathan and I picked up some Chipotle and had a picnic at Glen Oak park in Peoria. It was a beautiful day. We then met my parents, and by coincidence a few other people from church, for the concert in the park. It was a lot of fun. I enjoy music and the weather was perfect. Plus, it's free.
Gideon finally figured out how to crawl. On the same day he also learned to cruise. So, he is on the move. And, desperately wanting to walk. We are suddenly needing to baby proof and daily figuring out things that he can get in to. :)
We had a fun pool day at the farm again. Jenny and the girlies came too this time.
July 1st, Nathan and I spent the day doing yard work. I can usually do little bits at a time when Gideon is sleeping, but the landscaping and the garden needed a ton of help.
The 4th was a good day. Nathan got the day off, so we just relaxed and worked around the house.
In the evening we headed over to Ron and Kary's for fireworks.
On the 5th, I met some of my old coworkers for lunch. It was good to see them again. There have been a lot of changes since I've left, but a lot remains the same. I still miss it and if I could work only a day or two, I'd be back in a heart beat.
Thursday, the 6th, we went to the Fritz's pool with Lena and Jenny. Gideon loved it and lasted the whole time without getting too tired or cranky. Which, makes me even more excited for vacation.
Friday and Saturday, I had a garage sale. My mom was awesome and sat with me. Gideon enjoyed being outside most of the day. Friday was really hot though, and by the afternoon it was pretty miserable. It wasn't the greatest turn out, but we did get rid of some stuff and made some money.
Saturday evening, we went over to Matt and Lena's for supper. They showed us the trails back in the woods and we spent the evening outside.
Sunday, we had the Sunday School picnic. Usually its beastly hot and miserable. This year it was just hot. There was a decent enough breeze in the shade that it was bearable. I pushed Gideon around in the stroller and watched the baseball game.
And, just a few more pictures for good measure:
We ended June with a bit of busyness. But, relaxed busyness.
Nathan had some friends over one Saturday. Gideon and I relaxed, played in his pool, and went on a walk.
That Sunday, Nathan and I picked up some Chipotle and had a picnic at Glen Oak park in Peoria. It was a beautiful day. We then met my parents, and by coincidence a few other people from church, for the concert in the park. It was a lot of fun. I enjoy music and the weather was perfect. Plus, it's free.
Gideon finally figured out how to crawl. On the same day he also learned to cruise. So, he is on the move. And, desperately wanting to walk. We are suddenly needing to baby proof and daily figuring out things that he can get in to. :)
he loves playing like this with daddy
he has learned how to stand up in his crib...
trying to reach his mobile
and he loves to play with the piano peddles
baby gate is up.
We had a fun pool day at the farm again. Jenny and the girlies came too this time.
Gideon and Cadence
July 1st, Nathan and I spent the day doing yard work. I can usually do little bits at a time when Gideon is sleeping, but the landscaping and the garden needed a ton of help.
That evening we went to Jenny and Bob's for Cadence's 1st birthday party! She's one! :)
eating cake
hehe
he was almost falling asleep in the swing
The 2nd, we were back in Tremont for Katie K's wedding. It was fun. I surprised Cecily and Emmy. They were not expecting to see me in their church. Katie and the dress were pretty. :) The wedding was really nice and different from usual weddings. Santos's family speaks Spanish, so part of the service and the vows were translated.
Laura and Joel were at the wedding too. It was good to see them again. We had a mini U of I gathering at the reception with Susan.
The 4th was a good day. Nathan got the day off, so we just relaxed and worked around the house.
In the evening we headed over to Ron and Kary's for fireworks.
waiting for fireworks to start with Jack
he liked his glow sticks
The fireworks at the lake are nothing like the show in Peoria, but they were still pretty good. Gideon surprised me and didn't seem to mind them at all. Halfway through, he seemed to get a little bored, but the noise didn't bother him.
my only decent picture of the night
On the 5th, I met some of my old coworkers for lunch. It was good to see them again. There have been a lot of changes since I've left, but a lot remains the same. I still miss it and if I could work only a day or two, I'd be back in a heart beat.
Thursday, the 6th, we went to the Fritz's pool with Lena and Jenny. Gideon loved it and lasted the whole time without getting too tired or cranky. Which, makes me even more excited for vacation.
Friday and Saturday, I had a garage sale. My mom was awesome and sat with me. Gideon enjoyed being outside most of the day. Friday was really hot though, and by the afternoon it was pretty miserable. It wasn't the greatest turn out, but we did get rid of some stuff and made some money.
Saturday evening, we went over to Matt and Lena's for supper. They showed us the trails back in the woods and we spent the evening outside.
Sunday, we had the Sunday School picnic. Usually its beastly hot and miserable. This year it was just hot. There was a decent enough breeze in the shade that it was bearable. I pushed Gideon around in the stroller and watched the baseball game.
And, just a few more pictures for good measure:
swinging at the park
look at me!
peek a boo!
he loves his baths
Cucumbers. He really likes them...
That's all for now. :) With the rate I'm posting, we might have a vacation or two under our belts before the next one.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment