Thursday, June 22, 2017

last flings of spring

Well, I've got about three weeks to cover. It's a long post with lots of pictures. :)

The week after we got back from vacation, we had VBS every evening.  Nathan is a Bible Class teacher, so I got to go and listen to the speakers some of the evenings.  Gideon was pretty noisy, so I didn't really get to listen much.

One evening, Katie W. texted our old high school crew and surprisingly most of us were free. We met up at the Dugout for ice cream.  It was fun to get together and chat with the girls again. :)


Gideon has been getting to do a lot of swimming.  My parents set up the cow tank pool, so we've gone there a few times.
He just loves kicking and splashing 


playing with the sprinkler

Jack and Gideon playing instead of swimming 

going on a walk

Jack helped to push the stroller

Gideon has been getting bored at home.  We need to get out more and get better toys.  But, he loves the piano. So, a while ago, I set his bumbo up so he can play by himself. 

He loves it. 

playing next to daddy


The 10th, we went to a long over due Wyss cousins night.  Troy hosted.  We mostly ate snacks and let the kids run, or in Gideon's case, sit and eat grass.
basket ball


football


grass eaters group
Gideon was sad when Cadence and Adelaide crawled away.

Watching Troy fly his drone


 I drove to St. Joe one day to meet up with Laura.   Our roommate from college, Katie K. is getting married. It was an inside joke that she'd get married in moccasins, so Laura and I bedazzled some for her. :)
hehe

Last Friday evening, we went to potluck at Layne and Heathers.  I took bread. So, of course I had to try something fun.  I made a German yeast bread and a Cinnamon quick bread.  They turned out pretty good. 

I just love the smell of yeast and fresh bread.


We had some very interesting conversations, sat out back in the gorgeous weather, and Gideon was pretty good.  So, it was a nice evening. :)

Gideon is now 8 months old!

He's becoming more difficult to take pictures of. :)



He's such a stinker. He's trying harder and harder to crawl, but mostly ending up on his face.  He loves standing and trying to walk while holding our hands. He's cute and he knows it.
trying so hard to crawl


He loves drinking out of cups.

peek a boo?? 
he stole the diaper... I was trying to change him

and trying to get his pjs on...
"I want to stand!"

Saturday, I went to Katie's personal shower. It's been a really long time since I've seen Katie, so it was good to catch up and have fun.  She gave us a quick story on how she and Santos met.   It should be a fun wedding. :)


 Sunday was Father's Day.
My two guys. He's such a great daddy.

  After church we went over to the farm to celebrate with the Wysses.   We went early and Gideon got to swim a little with Cliff.  We had ribs and brisket for supper.  It was yummy.



After supper, some of the guys climbed the grain leg. I took Gideon on a walk with Kandace and Carli. 





Clayton, Matt, and Dad I believe

My mom has awesome hollyhocks...
couldn't resist taking a picture of this cutie


Monday, we went out to the Brakers.  Gideon got to see all of the animals.
playing with a kitty

watching the cats

Everyone was able to make it for supper, so Gideon got to play with his cousin Eva again. 

:)



Tuesday evening, We went on a walk.  It looked clear when we started out, but as we walked it got more cloudy.


"That looks like rain Nathan"
"I think it's just a cloud"
Seconds later later we heard the rain coming across the field...

We got soaked and had to make a run for the fellowship hall car port. 
Gideon didn't seem to mind. 



Gideon, as previously stated, is a stinker.   I think he would like to walk before he learns to crawl.


I found him like this the other night

He didn't want to take a nap so he played with the pouf

and played with the curtains

He's so close to crawling though. I think I'm too much of a push over.  All he has to do is whine, and I'll give him the toy he can't reach, so he has no real motivation.  When he does attempt to crawl, he either ends up on his face or scoots backwards.


he got stuck against the wall.

sigh. he's a daredevil. 

And, I'll share with you this lovely picture:
sigh. 
so. much. poop.  It took me 20 minutes to scrub the spot off the floor, and I can still see it. 


It is now officially summer!
summer baby

 In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: