Tuesday, September 5, 2017

New Nephew, Eclipse, Reunion

It's hard to believe that August is over and we are already in September.   

On August 19th, we were supposed to go to David and Jessica's for supper, however, we got a text that their little boy had come early.   Little Avery, my 3rd nephew, was born on August 18th. 


He was 4 weeks early, so they had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks until he was eating better.

Nathan and I went to visit them in the hospital the next week. 
He's a little cutie.



We finally got a picture of Gideon's first tooth. :)

One tooth in, and one not far behind.


 We had a relatively quiet last week of August. 
He wanted to come outside.

why it takes twice as long to do laundry...

He loves going on walks to the park.  He could swing all day. :)


So sad that daddy isn't letting him come in the bathroom.


On the 21st, we had an eclipse party at the farm. :)  I'm sort of a nerd and love astronomy and the such like.  So, I was pretty excited.  Of course it was a grey and rainy day, so we weren't sure we'd be able to see anything.  Surprisingly, though, we could see it pretty well through the clouds. 



silly glasses and welding helmets

 Donna came too

The problem with dark glasses is that when you have them on you can't see what the kids are doing.
Gideon ate a lot of sand.

A halo around the eclipse. :)

through the welding helmet


We weren't far enough south to see totality, but it was still really cool.  The temperature dropped noticeably and the lighting got weird. 


 More pictures from our day to day:
Gideon likes to try to climb off our porch

Gideon likes to get away from me after baths...He loves being free...hehehe
  
I let him play with cookie cutters. They kept him occupied so I actually got some work done.

So. Many. Tomatoes.

playing outside.

New toy bag for church.

pushing around the stools

We visited the farm one afternoon to get out of the house.
Gideon got to see the cows.


He is such a busy little boy.  If I'm not watching and things go silent, I can usually find him climbing the stairs.

so far up.


On the 26th, Nathan and Matt went to the Men's Sing all day. So,  Lena and I went to Glen Oak park with my Mom.  We were hoping to go to the Children's Playhouse Museum, but it was closed.  Glen Oak has a really cool playground that occupied us all for a while.


happy to be free :) 
minus a shoe

Jack playing in the sand

That evening, since we were still husband-less, we had a girls night, of sorts, at the farm. 
grandpa with his two boys.

such a big boy

playing together


After church on Sunday, I decided it was time Gideon had his first hair cut.
Before. Mr. shaggy 

After


Gideon took his first steps on the 28th. :)  He's been so excited now that he falls down before he can get too far. But, I'm sure he'll be running around before I know it. Terrifying.

Gideon loves it when Daddy plays the guitar.

Up past his bedtime. With no intentions of sleeping soon...

He loves to eat toilet paper....strange child. 

Because we had so many tomatoes, I decided to make salsa last week. 
batch #1


The salsa turned out really good, though it made less than I expected.  After we ate plenty of it fresh, it only made three jars for canning. 



Back at the park. Such a happy boy.

He was stuck. He was very sad.

August 31st, Gideon and I went to Kendra's with Wendi and her kids for a play date.  Gideon pretty much sat and watched the other kids run around. But, I think he enjoyed it. :)

September 1st, Gideon and I went out to the farm again.  I helped my mom pick apples. A spider fell on me and I nearly died.  

They have lots of apples. Hopefully they'll make cider this year :) 
It was a beautiful day.

That evening, we went to Fred and Di's for potluck.  Aaron and Kendra and Adam and Rhea were also invited. Troy, Trent, and Kray were there for a while too.   It was a very comfortable group and we had a lot of fun. 



Labor Day Weekend was a big weekend for us. 

Saturday and Sunday were the Braker Reunion.  Nathan's family hosted this year.  Saturday we were at the Heartland Private School for the day.  I think the total was somewhere around 100 people. I feel like I'm finally starting to get to know some of them, but I'm completely lost when it comes to who the younger kids are. 
Gideon was tired and cranky but wouldn't take a nap, so it was a bit rough being around all of those people. 

He enjoyed playing in the bucket of ice.

They reenacted a picture. Someone even made a huge sink :) 


Gideon and Eva.

Sunday, a few of the Brakers joined us in Washington for the day.   Nathan and I rented the Goodfield Fellowship Hall for the afternoon and evening.   We had a small scare when we couldn't get the key, but we eventually got it and were able to get in. 


Gideon loved the train set in the kid's room






We made it through day 2 of the reunion and had a pretty good time. Gideon had pretty much had enough by the end. 

Monday, Nathan enjoyed his day off and we spent the morning just relaxing.  I went to the farm with Jenny and the girls to have one last swimming party. 

Gideon spent most of the time trying to push this around


It was a little chilly

Monday evening, we went over to Aaron and Kendra's for supper. They had also invited Tristan and Larissa and Kyle and Heather. It was a lot of fun. 


This morning, Emily and I walked to the park.  It was a beautiful morning and it was fun to get a chance to catch up again. 


Gideon loved playing with his new friends. :)

I'm loving this fall weather. It's too bad it has to turn in to winter eventually.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: