Friday, September 22, 2017

The end of summer

Summer is over. sigh. 

Little mister stinker is keeping me busy. 

In target he decided he wanted to buy a loofah. So we did.

ornery bugger...



little composer

he got in to my cupboards 

eating chips off the floor

I gave him an Oreo. :) 

squeeeeshing cherry tomatoes


Nathan and I finally finished a project that we had been working on. We built a baby gate for the bottom of the stairs.  Gideon gave us the ultimatum. hehe.
Our stairs didn't fit any standard gates you could buy and I wanted it to be more permanent and look better any way. 


Gideon found a pencil.
 He scribbled on the wall and the gate within five minutes of us putting it up. 

Ta-Da!!!!
This project definitely had its issues.  But, it's up and looks good. 

I went garage sale-ing on the 8th and then again on the 9th with Lena.  
A new toy!

and a swing!

more new toys!
yay for cheap garage sale finds.

The evening of the 9th, Mike and Katie had out potluck out to their family's lake for supper. 
It was a beautiful evening. 
everyone across the lake watching them bail hay.

playing in the pasture and watching the cows

:)

everyone way entertained

They had a campfire and we made s'mores. 
Gideon was enthralled by the fire...


On the 14th, Gideon and I went to Kansas City.  I think I'm insane.   
Clayton was going to do some plumbing work and wanted someone to help drive.  I decided that we would give it a shot, since I hadn't been to Kansas in 4 years.    I was a little worried about going without Nathan on such a long road trip with Gideon.   Then Gideon got sick. He woke up on the 13th with a fever.  It was still hanging around on the 14th. So, instead of backing out, I went out and bough plenty of Tylenol and packed him up in the van.  And, miracle of miracles, Gideon's fever went away, and never came back, and he slept almost the whole way! 

Clayton and I had a good time. Except near the end where I realized I put the address in the GPS wrong. So, instead of arriving at 12:00AM we got to Randy and Karen's at 1:00AM.  Oh well.

Gideon didn't sleep very good that night at all. I got only 4 hours of very fitful sleep. bleh. 


Gideon playing with Karen's toys in the morning.

Friday, the 15th, we went to Brent and Beth's garage sale in the morning.  I got to meet Ayla and Andrew for the first time!  Gideon bought a few of their books. :)
Andrew and Amor showing Gideon their bunny.

 Karen and I met Joy for lunch at Panera.  Karen went home to get ready for the shower the next morning.  So, Joy took me to the Plaza. 

On the way there, we gawked at some of the insanely huge and beautiful houses.
drool. 

Gideon and Justus

having a chat while we shopped



such a pretty area

Ice cream. A necessity on a hot day. 

We went back to Randy and Karen's and helped make supper and set up for the shower on Saturday.
Scott and Clayton joined us.


Clayton and I packed up Saturday morning and left before the shower started.  We needed to get on the road and wanted to be out of the way.  It was a short trip but it was a lot of fun. I'm so glad I was able to spend time with family.

Gideon did amazing again on the way home.  He slept a lot of it and chattered in his car seat when he was awake. We made great time and were home by 4:30. 

While we were in Kansas, Gideon turned 11 months!  I took pictures when we got home.  Gone are the days of nice pictures...




hehe

:)


Monday night, the 18th, we went to the farm for supper and to make cider. 
Jack "helping"
look at all the apples!

Cecily watching the cider come out

Cadence went for a swim in the apple water. hehe.

:)

he was having so much fun

Cecily dumping apples in the press

Once all the apples were rinsed off,
 we cleaned out the pool and let these two stinkers swim in their clothes.



busy busy busy

mmm. home made cider.
I think the total was 8 gallons.

Tuesday evening, Nathan and I, Troy, and Matt went to the Zion's Harp recording.  It was a lot of fun as usual.  It was a good group and we got 4 songs recorded. :)

Wednesday,  Cliff came over and played with Gideon so I could mow. 
I think they both had fun.
The water table was another garage sale find. It's a little junky but $3!!! :)


Thursday, yesterday,  I took Gideon out to Grandpa and Grandma Brakers. 

He played with kitties. 
And watched the sheep, and goats, and chickens, and geese...

swinging with aunt Anna in the hammock

 Nathan and the rest of the family came for supper.
playing with Eva on the floor.

little baby Avery. :) He's getting chunky. 

Whew. :)
  And, now it's fall. I've got my mums bought and on the porch. My garden is almost done (though it needs some cleaning up). I'm missing the cooler days, though. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: