And of course this got away from me again. I was actually going to be on top of it and blog a while ago, but then for some reason I couldn't get in to my account for a couple of days.
Any way.
The escapades of Gid-zilla continue. hehe.
Helping me dust. He rubbed the post for a good minute. :)
One day it was a little too quiet. I found this:
so pleased.
A few minutes later I was back working on whatever it was I was doing. Gideon comes toddling in and gives me this:
eek. dirt. in the living room.
"thank you buddy! Just what I wanted" :) Aaah!
We've gotten a few large packages for one reason or another. So we built Gideon a castle.
:) I think next time I'll plan it out a bit better. But, he loved it.
Mom, Lena, and I got together one day to make Christmas cookies. We mainly made the dipped kinds.
:) and this wasn't everything!
Gideon loves the piano.
shoes are just fun I guess
ah yes.
because boxes, no matter the size, are fun.
Children are weird. :) hehe.
December first, Nathan had his work Christmas party. They had it at the Pere Marquette, a super fancy old hotel in Peoria.
I of course required a picture.
The first week in December I was scheduled for Jury duty. I had been called last December, tried to get out of it, and was instead deferred until now.
Monday, We had to be there at 8:30am. They didn't start until 9:30 when they trained us and swore us all in. A large group got to go home and wait to be called in. I was not in that group. At 10:00 my group was assigned to a court room and then told to wait while the Judge met with all of the cases to see who was going to trial. At noon, we were told to go for lunch until 1:00. The Judge didn't come back until 1:30. Then they finally started jury selection. I got selected for the jury.
At 3:00 they finally started the trial. The defendant was arrested for driving on a revoked license. My first thought was "oh how boring and straight forward." But, oh, I suppose I'm "one of those people."
hehe. It was so interesting.
The State's Attorney was young, good looking, well put together, well spoken. The defence attorney was old, greasy, portly, slopish, and so the opposite of charismatic.
The State's Attorney's opening statement had a lot of personal stories about his kids or where he was from. My first thought was: "this guy is trying to win us over by making us connect with him. Won't work for me!"
The Police Officer who made the arrest was called up to testify and then a video of the arrest was shown. Arg. Seriously. He was so unprofessional.
In the video, when the officer arrived at the vehicle the man was already outside of his car. The officer called the man (an African American man) "brother". So. disrespectful. The man told him the car had broken down and the driver got a ride to go get something to fix it. The officer didn't believe him. Started arguing with him, asking tons of questions (which the guys was doing a terrible job of answering), and ultimately arrested him. And, that was all the proof either side had.
After a half hour of deliberating the jury found him not guilty.
It was about half and half at the beginning, but after some discussion, a few of us were able to convince the others that regardless of how likely he was guilty, there was just no proof that he had actually been driving the vehicle.
Anyway, I had fun. :) Can't imagine how much fun it would be to be on an even more interesting case. I should have been a lawyer.
Thankfully, other than going in one more morning, to be sent home, and calling in every night, that was it for the week.
Tuesday, Mom, Jenny, and I met for a very quick and very cold Christmas tree picking up.
Gideon and the girlies. :)
Gideon was asleep when I got home so...#stubbornwysswomen :) I put up my tree.
:)
Gideon played with the lights when he woke up
The king on his throne.
Gift wrapping is interesting this year.
Thursday, for some reason I forgot what day of the week it was and missed hanging out with Kendra. Sigh. Sad day. Nathan and I then also forgot that it was his siblings Christmas program. Thankfully, Glen texted me to ask if we were coming. So, we got ready last minute and rushed over. The older grades sang the Hallelujah Chorus and did a pretty good job. I was impressed.
Gideon started getting sick on Friday. 'Tis the season.
Saturday, Nathan and I worked around the house and held our poor sick boy. He was in a good enough mood that we dropped him off at the farm and went to Champaign for the evening with Matt and Lena.
We met Ned at Blackdog BBQ. It was good stuff.
We then went to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God concert. AP is a folksy Christian singer (and a really good author). He has a way with words and his songs tend to be really deep and meaningful. It was the first concert I've ever been to but I would assume that it was much different than most Christian concerts. Nothing like Andrew quieting the crowd by having the audience sing "It is Well With My Soul." :)
The band members were all ridiculously talented. Besides being able to sing, some of them played multiple instruments-guitar, mandolin, bouzouki, dobro, banjo, hammered dulcimer, cello, piano...- it was so cool. They had a guest upright bass player who was incredible.
Anyway, I had fun and it was a wonderful way to start the Christmas season.
Gideon was asleep when we got back to pick him up.
aww:)
reminded me of this picture from when I was about his age:
hehehehe
:)
Sunday, Gideon got sicker, so I stayed home with him.
poor little boy!
He slept in my arms all day on Monday. I called the doctor and got him in on Tuesday.
he did not like being at the doctors
And...he was diagnosed with pneumonia. sigh. But, after a few doses of Amoxacillin, he's pretty much back to normal. Though, he still has an awful cough. He gags him self and pukes all over me. It's not fun.
I've managed to get some presents wrapped and under the tree.
:)
sitting in front of the space heater.
Yesterday, I went out to the Braker's. Audrey taught me how she makes cinnamon rolls. I've made cinnamon rolls before. But, she made me feel like I'm an absolute novice. Her's are so uniform and nice. And she doesn't even use a recipe!
Today has been quiet. I've been working on getting the house in order. The storm of cousins and Christmases begins tonight. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment