Saturday, November 25, 2017

It is an excellent thing

"It is an excellent thing thanking the Lord. 
Singing Praises unto thy name most exalted."

These past few weeks there has been so much to rejoice about and be thankful for. 

Two weekends ago, we spent the weekend in Leo for my cousin Kray's baptism.   Nathan and I went out in the afternoon on Friday so that we could spend more time with family.  We stayed at Abby and Tyler's both nights.  Kacie taught us a new board game.

Scythe

Gideon playing with Parker

He thought Roxy was pretty cool

oh dear, I think we have a drummer

The rest of the family started descending Saturday afternoon. It became a mad house.

Pictures don't do it justice.

 The testimonies went well. Kray did good. He was so sweet.  I couldn't help thinking that every girl in the room was swooning. hehe. 

Post-testimonies everyone went back to Rita and Lorens to hang out eat any food that was left from supper. But, there was even more food. :) 

more games

:) I love crazy family gatherings.

Church was full. The baptisms went well. Gideon was pretty good for such a big crowd.  
After church we changed at Rita and Loren's and stayed a while playing games. 

The following week was relatively quite. Gideon and I mostly hung around the house. 
He loves taking out the trash

I have a stick!


Moo!

he likes to brush his teeth too

On Tuesday, I got an exciting phone call. :)  Jake called to say he was engaged to Rachel! Yay!  Rachel was at U of I when Nathan, Jake, and I were. 

One day that week I planned to go to the farm, but once we were loaded up, I couldn't get the van to start. My dad had to come charge the battery (thankfully that was the problem) and then we left for the farm.

Gideon got to play with Jack again. 
I love how these two are becoming friends.

About midway through the week I started getting a cold. Not a bad one, but we were supposed to sing the Messiah that weekend.  Saturday morning, we went to the dress rehearsal. I armed myself with cough drops and nasal spray and made it through without a problem. 

Saturday evening, Nathan and I stopped by the farm because the girlies were there.  Gideon had fun playing with Cadence.
So ornery

trucks with Grandpa

 Sunday.

I woke up with no voice.  I was pretty bummed that I wouldn't be able to sing in The Messiah.  We went off to church and planned to play it like I was going.  My voice came back part way and by noon, I was just coughing a lot.

Ron announced Jake and Rachel's engagement which was so much fun to be there for. 

The afternoon was Kristin and Caleb's wedding, so a lot of people I knew were there, which was fun.  Matt, Nathan, and I left half way through and headed to The Messiah. 

It was awesome. I truly believe God came though gave me a voice and kept me from coughing. I was able to sing the whole way through.  I wasn't as nervous as I had anticipated so I was able to think about what I was singing and feel the emotion of the piece. It was beautiful. I know we messed up a lot, but I loved every bit of it. 

O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!  Isaiah 40: 9

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. Isaiah 9:2

 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth. Zechariah 9:9, 10


Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Revelation 5:12, 13


After the Messiah, Nathan and I headed home where Nathan's parents and Mathew and Rebecca were watching Gideon. 


Gideon was happy that grandma read him books

That evening we finally got a picture of the happy couple. :) :) Eee! I am extremely excited.  Rachel is awesome.
:)

Monday and Tuesday, Gideon and I cleaned the house. He is such a little helper boy. He wants to do whatever I'm doing.


we dusted.

and later vacuumed with daddy

We swept the floor


Gideon of course made messes too.

Tuesday evening we hosted rotating potluck.  It was the only date that worked all month.  We had a good evening with good food.


 Wednesday, I worked on food for Thanksgiving.  And, then I had to do the dishes.
Mt. Dishes. From one day. I hate dishes.

Thanksgiving day, we were with Nathan's family.
Gideon all dressed up for church

playing after church



 We had a good day.  We stopped by the farm on the way home to see Rachel and Jake. We made them tell us their story. :)

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Nathan had the day off so we got a lot done.
Gideon got a box

I burned leaves.

Gideon thoroughly enjoyed the leaves.

We had so many leaves. It took me all afternoon to burn them all.

Today, Saturday,  was another beautiful day.  Nathan got the lawn mowed for, hopefully, the last time, and I hauled all the ashes, that didn't go on the garden, to the compost bin.
Whoops. 
There must have been some live coals still, because we now do not have a compost bin. sigh.


We have so much to be thankful for and so many reasons to rejoice.  I'm so thankful that I got to kick of the holiday season by singing in The Messiah.  It's one long song of praise and adoration.


In Christ
~Michelle 

No comments: