We've been busy. But, at the same time, we've been stuck inside more because of the cold. Winter is going to be long.
Little stinker is getting smarter. And, with more knowledge comes more orneriness. hehe. Gideon has discovered how to flush toilets, he's discovered the fun of unrolling toilet paper, he's starting to climb on things, and basically if it was safe before it's no longer safe. His favorite word is 'No'. Which he says happily while he does the many ornery things.
Back in October, we celebrated Eva and Gideon's birthdays with the Brakers. I made cupcakes. Funfetti with green frosting and chocolate with mocha frosting. Sadly I had issues with the decorating tips clogging (old chunky powdered sugar) so they didn't look the greatest. The mocha, by texture and color, looked so suspect that I couldn't stop giggling like a five year old. I ended up just smoothing it into a big blob.
opening gifts
One Saturday morning, I met Kendra and Jessica K. in Peoria for breakfast. It was wonderful to get together again and talk without kids. It's hard to keep up friendships these days and I'm always so glad when we take the effort to get together again.
Gideon's hair. It was getting so long and shaggy again that I decided it was time for a real cut.
not so sure
Of course I didn't take an after picture. But, all pictures after are technically after pictures... hehe
We spent a Saturday getting our yard, garden, and garage ready for fall and winter.
Gideon helping daddy clean up the mower
Mr. Gideon is a mama's boy. He loves to nurse and, though he can eat food, has no intention of giving it up any time soon. That being said, his bodily functions are still that of a baby. Which lead to a pretty nasty blow out the other day.
so so awful. It was dripping down his legs. It was covering his high chair.
It was nasty.
outside in his new coat
his new favorite book
Gideon had his one year check up. He's still short and chunky. But otherwise healthy.
playing with the doctors chair
One afternoon we went to the farm for combine rides and got to play with the girlies at the farm.
these two are stinkers
My dad's field is next to a pumpkin field. I got a few pumpkins that had grown in to his field (so technically they're ours hehe). That evening I made my own pumpkin puree.
There is enough for 12ish pies! :)
Gideon likes to do what ever I am doing and be where ever I am. I've become relatively creative with things he can do.
helping me stir a pot of apples....hehehe
I'm also very lenient with what he can do, if I get some peace and quiet to get things done. Play in/on the dishwasher? In the refrigerator? empty my drawer of containers and lids? Sure! If I can get the dishes done or supper cooked, whats a little energy lost or mess to clean up?
Saturday, the 27th, We went to the big Martin wiener roast. It was too cold for any roasting, so it ended up a baked potato bar.
Gideon and Isaiah "sharing" toys
Matt and Lena served lunch that Sunday.
Gideon and Jack played in the cupboards
That evening, Nathan and I hosted a foster/adoption group. We invited anyone from church who had fostered or adopted over for supper. We are still planning to foster, and now that we've switched agencies, it could be sooner rather than later. We had a wonderful evening learning about everyone's experiences.
The next week was a busy week.
Monday I spent the day attempting to sew Gideon's Halloween costume. I am not good at sewing and I didn't have a pattern, so I pretty much winged it. It turned out pretty good if you don't look close.
Presenting: Our little Hobbit
hehehe
Tuesday, Halloween, My mom and I went to Sams and loaded up, because we were serving lunch that weekend.
That afternoon, I took Gideon to Nathan's work to show him off. And then stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's, Pearl's, and ended up at the farm.
I'm not a huge fan of Halloween as a Holiday, but I fully support kids' imagination, dress up, and candy.
look at that belly.
He was telling me something.
:)
Wednesday, I babysat for Jack in the morning.
They actually played well together. :)
It's going to be so fun to watch these two grow up.
That afternoon, I did another grocery run for church lunch stuff.
Thursday, I took a family a meal in the afternoon and made cinnamon rolls for church lunch that evening.
so yummy.
He wouldn't let me put him down for his nap.
When he woke up, I realized he had a low fever. So, he got a dose of Tylenol and a bath.
hehe funny face.
Saturday morning, Gideon woke up with a much higher fever and a rash all over. yay.
Some of Nathan's siblings came over that afternoon and helped us put together sandwiches. It took forever. And, Gideon had to be held non stop.
600 sandwiches headed to church.
There was a young group invite so we had to make extra.
Sunday, we served lunch. I quarantined Gideon in the kitchen with me, as not to get any other kids sick. We had a good amount of food left over. We did it. And we survived. bleh.
I realized that I haven't been in church in four weeks. Gideon was sick, then I was sick, then Matt and Lena served, and then we served. Ha. Life never does slow down.
Monday, the 6th, was a semi-quiet day of catch up.
Gideon loves playing peek-a-boo with the laundry
Tuesday, I cleaned the house, made a meal for another family with a baby, and made supper for one of Nathans friends that evening. 'Q' is originally from Bangladesh (I think). He grew up in St. Louis but now he works in Peoria and doesn't have any family near by. So we had him over for supper. He brought us wine as a gift. It looks so fancy but yuck. I still don't like it. hehe.
too bad it doesn't taste good. :)
Gideon helped me do some yard work outside on Wednesday.
he liked walking through the leaves
And then yesterday, Thursday, we had Nathan's brother and roommate over for supper. Philip is living here in Goodfield with Timothy for a month or so for school.
After this weekend I think I have a quiet week. It might be nice.
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
Shell everything you make in the kitchen sounds and looks amazing! Don't know how you make it look so easy with a one year old!
Emily
Full life! Your little boy is really growing up.
Love,
ak
Post a Comment