Somebody had a birthday. I am officially the mother of a one year old!
But, back tracking a bit...
I've been attempting to exercise more. Gideon thinks its so much fun.
hehe
A couple weekends ago we went camping with the Wyss cousins. Despite rainy weather predicted, we had great weather. We had a really good time. I have some of the best cousins ever. :)
setting up camp
Camp fires and cool evening just make the perfect settings for great conversations.
Gideon loved the tent.
playing with the lantern
Breakfast on the fire.
We aren't exactly morning people
Lena and I made pancakes
Jack had fun too. hehe
:)
such a great group.
It's crazy that 5-10 years ago we were all in such different stages and places in our lives and we didn't really spend much time together. Now we are all grown up and mature(ing hehe) and my cousins are now my good friends and brothers and sisters in Christ.
Camping is fun. But the clean up is not. There is just so much stuff and everything smells like smoke.
Gideon continues to be a stinker.
I may have experimented with hair gel the other night.
hehehehehe
Poor little buddy got croup last week. Thankfully it didn't get too bad. It then turned in to a bad cold with more wheezing and coughing. So, we pulled out the nebulizer again and started up treatments. I started having flashbacks to last winter. Thankfully, he's older and stronger. And, he powered through like everything was fine. Which was a relief.
reading a book with his treatment
In the midst of him being sick, I was attempting to plan his birthday party, bake his cake, and organize family pictures. It got a bit stressful, but we got it all done! :)
I spent way too long making his cake. But it was so much fun.
Gideon's cake! hehe!
if you can't tell, its mountains and a birch tree trunk with a bear and a fox.
After pictures, we all came back to our house for pizza and a party.
Gideon smashed his smash cake.
and smashed it some more.
He didn't really eat any.
Present time:
there was a lot of competition for this gift.
:)
At some point in there, I spent a couple days doing apple sauce and tomatoes with my mom. My pantry is now stocked. :)
it's so pretty.
peaches, salsa, chili sauce, pickles, and apple sauce.
And, then he turned one!
It's hard to believe. It feels like forever ago and it feels like yesterday.
We love this little booger to death.
So big
He jabbers and shrieks all the time, loves reading books, driving tractors, and making noise and big messes. He loves the refrigerator and the dishwasher. He's walking and climbing, loves baths, and getting away before we can put his diaper back on. He's got two teeth with two more on the way.
Unfortunately Gideon still has not learned to sleep though the night and still nurses about every two hours. And, though he shows interest in food, he is more interested in throwing it on the floor than putting it in his mouth. sigh.
He's a happy, healthy, ornery, energetic little boy. We have so much to be thankful for. What a joy it's been this past year. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
Love the "news". Happy one year old, Gideon! Your canning looks amazing--impressed me! ak
Post a Comment