These weeks have been quiet and rather boring. (sigh, I know people think I'm crazy) This weather hasn't been helping. One day its sunny and warm enough for a walk and the next it's frigid and snowing.
We've been keeping busy on the weekends, though.
The weekend of the 12th, 13th, and 14th, Jake and Rachel had a few showers out in Burlington/Mediapolis. Since we've never been to visit Jake (whoops) we decided to make a weekend of it with my parents and Bob and Jenny.
We drove out Friday evening and stayed with Brooke and Corey and their three girls. It was great catching up with them and seeing their new house. Gideon was wound up. He would not settle down and we had a very late night. Brooke of course provided a wonderful breakfast Saturday morning before we headed out.
Nathan went over the Reilly and Katie's to play games and I went to the shower.
my only picture.
After the shower, Nathan and I went out to lunch at McDonald's. Fancy, I know. Gideon loved it though!
yum. french fries.
We took Bob back to Reilly and Katie's. The guys played games and Katie and I relaxed and watched the kids.
Saturday evening, we met up with all families involved at Rachel's parent's house. We had a great evening. Greg and Dianna (Rachel's sister) were there, which added to the fun. Rachel's dad entertained us by confusing Gideon with his animal sounds. Poor boy was running all over trying to find the dog.
We went back to Reilly and Katie's again to spend the night.
Man. It was good to spend time with friends. :)
Sunday we went to Burlington with Jake. Gideon was a monster. He screamed the majority of the time. He was over tired and wanted to nurse non stop...and I am so sick of nursing. bleh.
He did good on the drive home.
reading a book.
The following week was quiet. Quiet and I don't really get along. Gideon doesn't like it either. I guess we are too much alike. He gets bored and cranky, I get sick of reading the same book 100 times, and since he's bored and cranky, there is no chance I can get anything done. And then it becomes a cycle.
Anyway, I guess I like business, craziness, and variety. sue me. :P
Stinker Gideon example #1:
shoes. onesie (no pants). at the top of the steps!!!
with a diaper... who knows
Nathan's family gave us a very interesting gift for Christmas. And, by interesting I mean good! :)
homemade pita bread, home raised lamb, and homemade feta cheese
So, we made gyros. The feta had to age, which is why we waited until now.
Yum. It was fantastic.
I finally bought Gideon his own plates and bowls. He is very pleased.
He is finally enjoying the snow. It took a while for him to figure out how to walk in his boots. The bottoms get slippery when packed with snow.
:)
Gideon had his 15 month appointment. He's a little taller but he hasn't gained an ounce since he started crawling. The nurse acted concerned, but since he's been moving non-stop ever since, I think I know where it's all going.
And then to top off the quietness, Gideon and I both got sick. So, yah. We spent a day on the couch.
Tea and train videos
On the 19th, Nathan had his coworkers and significant others over for a game night. One of Nathan's coworkers has a little boy only a few months younger than Gideon. They had a blast.
hehe
Saturday, we cleaned up the house. That evening Cristina came over and I took her to the farm. The girlies were there too. My poor mother. hehe. It was a bit chaotic with 4 wound up children. Cristina helped entertain them. And, uncle Jakey took his turn too.
Gideon loved Jake's bunk bed.
hehehe. they had fun. It kept them in one place.
all ready for bed. reading to himself. :)
That following Wednesday, the 24th, Gideon and I went to the pool with Kendra and her kids. It's such a cool pool.
playing in the fountains
Gideon enjoyed talking to the older ladies doing aerobics.
waterfall:)
Stinker Gideon example #2:
He likes my tea. He likes cow videos. He takes it very seriously.
Stinker Gideon example #3:
Gideon loves pizza. Loves it. He can say "Peaza!" and shouts it randomly. He has play pizzas that he loves. The other evening I was making a pizza. I shouldn't have but I showed it to him. He wanted it SO bad. When I put it in the oven, he lost it.
30 minutes of this.
Why don't oven doors have locks???? I had to put a chair in front of it.
finally. Pizza.
He loves it.
Stinker Gideon example #4:
He has discovered how to get the mop.
If I wasn't scared of what he would do with a bucket of water, I would have a very clean floor. hehehe
And, then one day I got really motivated and I made bread. It is so good. :) and it smells so good.
I'm trying to be more intentional with getting out of the house, inviting people over, and the such. My problem is I usually think how good it would have been to have done something, only after the fact. Slow progress, but Gideon and I are both happier when I follow through.
Except that we are in the middle of attempted weaning, which Gideon does not enjoy. hehe. We've actually made great progress. Which is wonderful.
We did book flights to Florida for this coming spring. yay! In these nasty grey days I at least have that to look forward to. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment