Monday, February 19, 2018

getting our feet wet and game day

We've been busy :)
Gideon has been busy. 
Can't leave him for 5 minutes.

I love getting big packages in the mail. 
Gideon loves the boxes.

On the 30th,  We went out to the Braker's for the afternoon and evening. Gideon enjoyed the aunt and uncle attention.


We took another trip out to the farm. 



of course we had to see the cows.

So happy.


 We bought a second crib and crib mattress for our foster room. When the mattress came, I turned it in to a sliding board for Gideon.


hehe.

One afternoon, I met mom and Jenny at the Peoria Playhouse. Seriously, that place is awesome. 

Gideon milked the cow :)


the girlies playing with balls

Jack and Gideon

The water table was a hit as always

:)

They have a sand table too! 
All 5 kiddos :)

Balls!!!

The next day we met Jack and Lena at Five Points in Washington and went swimming at the pool. Gideon was way braver this time.  He jumped in off the side to me and floated around in his life jacket. :)  

Gideon still likes helping. I really hope that he still likes to help when he's older. 

mopping. eieieie. 

Gideon loves hot drinks. Tea, coffee, coco. 
tea! 

We had another nice fluffy snow a while back.
'nowy 'nowy 'nowy!



What happens when I don't leave the door closed: 

We made yet another trip to the farm after the snow.  I wanted to give Gideon a sled ride but I don't have a sled. Grandpa of course took over. :)


And then we had to help Grandpa scoop off the driveway

:)

Gideon is dramatic. And, very expressive.  When he doesn't get his way....
not a pretty face

I watch Jack on Wednesdays. I love seeing him and Gideon play together. 
reading books

helping me dust.

On the 9th, we went to Bob and Jenny's. Matt, Nathan, and Bob planned Jake's bachelor supper, while the rest of us piled on the couch and watched the Olympics opening ceremony. 


Jack is pushing Gideon in a doll stroller...

On the 10th, Gideon and I went to Herb and Lori's. (Nathan had friends over.)  Galen and Shannon were in town visiting, so the whole family got together.   

On the 11th,  We had supper at Jeff and Chelby's with the Bible Class.  They had ACYF that night and left shortly after supper. Gideon and I went home and relaxed. 

 Nathan and I have been licensed foster parent's for a year and a half now.  I've always been rather vocal about my passion for foster care/hurting children and we've been saying we are going to foster for such a long time.  But for 1.5 years  we've been waiting for a call, granted we were on hold for a while after Gideon was born, but it's still been a long time of waiting.  I was starting to feel like I was the person who always talked but never did.  

While we still haven't gotten a placement, we were able to take a respite placement for a week. My good friend had a baby (Yay! congrats to Emily and Derek!) so we were able to watch her little foster daughter.  

It was a good week. Gideon and her got along really well. I learned a lot about myself. She is really well behaved but adding another child and another schedule had it's difficulties.


:)

Gideon had a taller accomplice ;)

I watched Jack again on Wednesday, which added to the chaos of the week.  The three of the played well together and Lori and Cliff came for a while to give me a small break.  They both were sad when Jack left.  I felt like I was running a small day care. Snacks, lunch, and naps for three kids... whew. 
:)


who knows.

Poor Nathan. It was his Birthday, and Valentine's day.  I managed to scrape together a semi-festive meal.
heart shaped chocolate caramel cake

yum :)

Gideon liked it too.


flowers!


"No! NO! NO!"

 Thursday, we were all feeling cooped up. Ok I was.  So, I took the kids to the farm for the day, even though my parents were gone.  I figured a change of scenery would be good for all of us. 
talking to gussy through the door.

Gideon was pouting about something.

We put boots on and went tromping though puddles.  They got very wet and muddy. I had planned ahead though, and brought changes of clothes for both of them.

oh the joys 

so muddy

We took her home Friday afternoon.  Gideon was sad to see her go. He keeps looking at her crib and whining. 

I was pretty worried before the week started how things would go.  But it went well. And we finally got our foster care feet wet. :)

Saturday, we had the Wyss cousins for a game day. It was a slim crowd but we had fun! :)  They started arriving shortly after 10:00 and left around 10:30 that night. Kacie even came! Jet lagged and all.
Scythe!  We finally finished it. 
I did terribly but it was fun.

Tate, Kyle, Kayla, Cliff, and Carli all had to leave a bit early. We were able to get a game of Nouns in though. Which was quite fun.

Ticket to Ride

Kandace brought Escape the Room. Which was a really cool puzzle game.  There is a story and envelopes. You can only open the next envelope after you've solved the previous one. The last one lets you  'escape' from the room you were trapped in in the story. 




Sunday, we went to church. Breanna was there. It was great to catch up with her again. :)
After church we went to Thad and Elizabeth's for our foster/adoption support group gathering. It was a wonderful evening. 

This coming week has general business but no major plans. 

I'm hoping spring comes early.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: