Friday, March 30, 2018

Uncle Jakey Got Married

There have been slight improvements daily with my leg.   Last week I was able to drop Gideon off with Lori and went out to Peoria by myself!  I made a quick run in to target and  then stopped at a medical supply store to buy some less obvious support stockings.    They were ridiculously priced ($75 for a pair!) but with wedding pictures coming up I needed them. 

Gideon and Nathan both enjoyed my purchase :)

Jenny and the girlies came one day to entertain Gideon and I. :) It was  quite fun.  Jenny brought lunch and cleaned my floors.  It was needed.  All this time at home with a crazy child and I can't clean.  It's been feeling pretty gross around here.

playing in Gideon's pink teepee

"peetee"

And then we had to start packing for the big weekend.  Gideon did not make the packing easy.
He insisted on carrying Nathan's shoes around the house.

and then he discovered the plunger. It is now his favorite toy. 
He is so strange :)  Thankfully, I don't think we've ever used it. 

odd little duck :)

Friday, we loaded up after work.  Gideon snuck out the door and was running around the yard.

It's getting rather scary. I can't run after him right now.  One day he was running down the middle of the road and I was hobbling my fastest after him.  He thought it was a fun game, but I was getting rather nervous. 

We stopped at Chick Fil A for supper.  Gideon loves chicken nuggets.
:)

We stayed with Brooke and Kory for the weekend. 

They have an awesome toy room

Saturday morning, we got up early to get ready for pictures. 
hair combed and teeth brushed.

as dapper as can be :)

We took pictures at a really cool old library. Sigh, they just don't build things like they used to.

:) they're so cute!!!

the attempt at a niece and nephew picture. 
Jenny and Matt had to hide behind their children to keep them in place...

hehehe

Grandpa and Gideon way up high

Ned and I :)
We were discussing the merits of the couch

After pictures, we changed clothes and went back to lunch at the Wagenbach's.  After lunch, we went back to  Brooke and Kory's and napped. 

Naps were followed shortly by the Rehearsal Dinner.  A family from church does the dinners. They basically run a business. It was really nice, super fancy, and the food was wonderful.


Yum!!!
best meat ever. Prime filet mignon... :P so good.

and a wonderful dessert.

We made it to the singing late, but we made it.  

Sunday, was the wedding day! :)
In the morning, Nathan's sister Emily came and she sat with me and helped with Gideon. 

In the afternoon, some young girls watched Gideon, Cadence, and Jack.  So, I got to go in to the wedding and not worry about a crazy noisy child.  It was a nice service.  I choked up a few times, blame it on hormones. 

The reception was nice. Nathan and I did the guest book for the first shift. Which was actually nice. I got to put my foot up and just sit and still got to see most everyone. 

the cake

the car :) credit goes to Jenny and Matt :)

Gideon slept through nearly the whole thing. 

pretty decor
Gideon was sure he needed the bird.

And they are off!

So, they're married. Rachel will be a wonderful addition to the family. 
We went home and crashed. 


Monday morning I went in for another scan of my leg.  Good news! the clot has shrunk. It's now only down to my knee. :) yay for progress. 

I'm realizing that as my leg gets better, I'm forgetting to take care of it.  The weekend went fairly well, but Monday my leg was really sore.  It's hard to remember to take it easy when I'm so excited about being able to move again. 

Monday evening, David and Avery came to visit while Jessica was nearby at a shower. 
 :)


 Gideon...he's something. Since I've been feeling slightly better, we've been spending more time home alone.  I'm still not as present as he'd like me to be. Which means much orneriness.
For example, his new favorite toy is the plunger...


what and odd child.
and that WAS folded laundry.


I'm hoping spring brings warmer weather and a healthier me.  I'll be out of the 1st trimester tomorrow!

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle, I have just caught up on your blog and loved reading it all. I feel a bit more connected tho far away. I miss the "family" times there. I will continue to pray for you and your health . . and the baby's. God be with you all in this special time. Spring is trying to come!!
Love,
ak