Monday, November 19, 2018

all mimsy were the borogroves

I don't like fall. Yes, there is about a week or so where it's beautiful and crisp and the trees are gorgeous. But, the rest is grey, cold, and dark. Plus, spiders start to make their way into the house. Which I hate.  bleh.

Nathan and a group of guys from church have started a singing group. They sound really good. Matt, Troy, Tate, Kyle, and Kirk are all in it too. So, it's basically Brothers in Faith II. :)

They sang at the minister dinner



This is how nursing typically goes....


I am a jungle gym

I finally finished Aurelia's quilt!


:) I'm so excited


1 month old!

 Halloween happened. Gideon and Aurelia dressed up as Calvin and Hobbs. :) 

hehe

I took them out to see some of the Martin relatives Tuesday and then Wednesday we went to Morton Buildings to trick or treat around the cubicles, Grandpa and Grandma's, and we even made it to the farm. 

Gideon loves to help. Which is often not very helpful.  Aurelia needed a nursing break while I was mopping. Gideon decided to take over. 

he didn't make too much of a mess

Lena and I went to Kendra's for a play date one morning. 

there was a truck


 Gideon likes bandaids. He 'needed' one for his leg. 

 And then I needed a matching one...

We finally had a free Saturday. So we got some outdoor work done. 

Gideon had fun playing in the leaves. 

He's such a good daddy.

Those eyes kill me. :)

such a cutie

I watched Jack one afternoon.  Gideon and Jack play together really well these days. They don't take much watching. 

:)

A very rare moment:

Last week there was construction going on on our road. Gideon loved it. There were backhoes and dump trucks. There was a lot of watching through windows. 




It snowed!


While winter is not my favorite season either,  but snow is so much better than grey. 

We went out to the Braker's for an evening. It was the annual Martin wiener roast...which David and Jessica hosted inside. It was also Cynthia's surprise 50th, so the kids got to play with her balloons. 

:)

We hosted cousins night.  we had everyone for supper. I kept it pretty simple, for obvious reasons. Just soup and everyone brought an appetizer. It was great. :)


:) the kids




It was a good time, as usual. :) I've got great cousins. 

Sunday, the 11th, was my last shot! woohoo! I'm so thankful to be done. While, I've still noticed some difference between my two legs since the clot, I'm so thankful. Things could have been much worse.


Just some pictures of a little cutie:

bath time

I had a doctors appointment one morning and planned to have Gideon go to the farm. Well, I made the mistake of telling him that, so when the appointment was canceled, we still had to go to the farm. :)  It was a snowy day so we bundled him up and let him play outside.



We made a snowman

helping grandpa 

This is how Gideon reads scary books


 This past Friday, we hosted Nathan's coworkers for a game night.  It was a small group and we had a good time.  One of Nathan's coworkers has a little boy Gideons age. They had fun playing together. 
Gideon and Easton

 We watched Jack after church Sunday. Matt and Lena were singing in the Messiah. I hope I can sing again next year. 

These boys make me smile

little bright eyes


These kids are exhausting.  One of the most common questions I get asked these days is 'how is Gideon doing'. He's fine. He is so busy that he rarely stops to mind that Aurelia is around. Unless he's in a fragile needy mood. Then he gets really angry that I can't help him or play with him.   Problem is, Gideon has always been a bit more needy than most kids. He rarely plays by himself.  So, while I haven't noticed a huge difference or adjustment, it has been pretty hard.  
Aurelia seems to be following in his footsteps. She doesn't like taking a pacifier, rarely falls asleep unless she is nursing, stays up late, nurses all of the time,  and wants to be held constantly.  Its Gideon round two.
Put the two of them together and that's how you get a morning like this morning.  We woke up at 7:30 and getting all three of us dressed, fed, and out the door took us until 11:00. 

 We haven't been getting much sleep at all.   Gideon goes to bed around 10:00 and gets up at 7/7:30. He still wakes up about once a night, and Nathan kindly puts him back to sleep. Aurelia nurses no stop from 10:00 until midnight to 2:00am sometimes until she finally falls asleep. She's up multiple times to eat. 
 Last week and weekend,  all four of us were sick.  Which made it all the more exhausting. 

I hope this doesn't sound complainy. I'm just being real.  And, I don't think I really expected it to be any different.  It's hard. But, somehow we are surviving. I just keep reminding myself that 'this too shall pass.' Because it will.  And, someday I'll miss it. Because as hard as it is, I love it.  Cheesy? maybe, but it's real. 
Nap time :)
It took an hour and a half to get Gideon to sleep...
but then this.  This is why I can love it. 



good times are a comin'

Gideon is ridiculously good at memorizing.  For the fun of it Nathan and I have been reading him Jabberwocky.  I had no idea how much he was picking up until one day I heard him reciting the whole thing nearly word for word! I suppose we should start teaching him Bible verses. 

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves 
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: 
All mimsy were the borogoves, 
      And the mome raths outgrabe. 

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son! 
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! 
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun 
      The frumious Bandersnatch!” 

He took his vorpal sword in hand; 
      Long time the manxome foe he sought— 
So rested he by the Tumtum tree 
      And stood awhile in thought. 

And, as in uffish thought he stood, 
      The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, 
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, 
      And burbled as it came! 

One, two! One, two! And through and through 
      The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! 
He left it dead, and with its head 
      He went galumphing back. 

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock? 
      Come to my arms, my beamish boy! 
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!” 
      He chortled in his joy. 

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves 
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: 
All mimsy were the borogoves, 
      And the mome raths outgrabe.


Hehe. Such a good poem. :)



In  Christ
~Michelle

No comments: