As usual, this is a bit late.
We had what felt like, a month of Christmases. Starting the 15th with Wyss Christmas and ending just this past Thursday with Romersberger Christmas.
I woke up one morning craving cinnamon rolls. So, I of course made some. :)
Gideon, Gideon...
While cleaning up after supper I looked over to see this:
We decided to do our Christmas on the 23rd. We made a special breakfast of eggs and biscuits and gravy. Gideon begged to help and he couldn't understand why we only wanted circular biscuits. So, we ended up with semi, star, truck, and firetruck biscuits....
We opened presents after church.
I made chicken parmesan for supper.
Monday, Christmas Eve, I made pies and dessert for Christmas.
We went to the farm for the traditional Oyster Stew evening with Grandpa, Grandma, and Pearl.
We went to church and then spent the rest of the day at their house.
Saturday the 29th, we went to the Martin Christmas. I took stuffed mushrooms.
New Years Eve we went to the Schlipfs for Christmas. My parents and some of Jenny's kids were sick so it was a smaller crowd. We played games, had supper, and hastily opened presents before rushing off for church services.
New Years Day we went to the farm for my family Christmas. Everyone seemed to be either still under the weather or, myself included, just on the verges of puking. Surprisingly, the day went well. Maybe because no one was feeling the greatest, it was calm and laid back, and the kids played great for the most part.
Then, last Thursday Ann and Karen came over.
That evening we went to our final Christmas. Number 6 of 6. The Romersberger. It is more of a reunion than a Christmas, but it still counts.
Friday, I was out and about. Emily, a good friend of mine from church, has started a little coffee camper. She takes it to events or just to businesses for the day. I stopped by. It's such an adorable camper and the coffee is great. :)
Gideon got to spend another day at the farm. Jack was there too, and he was excited to see Aurelia when I came back.
Hoping to get Gideon to play by himself for more than five minutes, I gave him beans to play with...
Aurelia loves Gideon's bed because of the planes above it. It is quite hilarious.
We were hoping Gideon would be jealous and want to go to bed. Unfortunately, he didn't mind and ran up and down the hall in just his diaper. Our typical night.
In Christ
~Michelle
We had what felt like, a month of Christmases. Starting the 15th with Wyss Christmas and ending just this past Thursday with Romersberger Christmas.
Merry Christmas!
So good. :)
Troy came over one afternoon. He played with Gideon, which was nice. I was actually able to get something done.
Such a good cousin
Gideon, Gideon...
playing with the laundry is so much fun
hahaha
He had pushed all the chairs in a row and was climbing over the backs of the chairs
We decided to do our Christmas on the 23rd. We made a special breakfast of eggs and biscuits and gravy. Gideon begged to help and he couldn't understand why we only wanted circular biscuits. So, we ended up with semi, star, truck, and firetruck biscuits....
Gideon's firetruck hehe
We opened presents after church.
a new tractor
I got Nathan his favorite sauce from BWWs (insert eye roll)
new book!
and he got a tablet...sigh...
I made chicken parmesan for supper.
Fancy table
yum.
Monday, Christmas Eve, I made pies and dessert for Christmas.
:) pecan
We went to the farm for the traditional Oyster Stew evening with Grandpa, Grandma, and Pearl.
Christmas morning, we took pictures before heading out to Nathan's family for the day.
:)
Pecan pie and Eggnog Cream pie (It was so good!)
I also made a Mocha Tres Leches cake
Big families require lots of dessert.
We went to church and then spent the rest of the day at their house.
Grandpa reading to his boys
games
Eva LOVES 'baby Ra-ra' :)
They just so happened to have matching Christmas outfits.
The 26th - 28th we rested at home. Nathan went back to work and I organized and prepared for the next round of Christmases.
Little chunk
Saturday the 29th, we went to the Martin Christmas. I took stuffed mushrooms.
They turned out fantastic.
Crab and sausage
Uncle Jim read to Gideon and Avery
Gift time. Gideon couldn't figure out why he couldn't open them yet.
Ring around the Rosie with Eva and David
And London Bridges with Aunt Gladys
Eva had to lay by Aurelia
Our little missy is 3 months old!
New Years Eve we went to the Schlipfs for Christmas. My parents and some of Jenny's kids were sick so it was a smaller crowd. We played games, had supper, and hastily opened presents before rushing off for church services.
After church, because our children are night owls anyway, we went over to the condos to spend time with Loren and Rita and the rest of the family there.
We left around 10:00 but still managed to see the New Year in with a stinkerish little girlie.
New Years Day we went to the farm for my family Christmas. Everyone seemed to be either still under the weather or, myself included, just on the verges of puking. Surprisingly, the day went well. Maybe because no one was feeling the greatest, it was calm and laid back, and the kids played great for the most part.
waffles!
double diaper change
Gideon and Aurelia got a lot of books! :)
Cheese! his new pjs :)
And, I got this book. I've already finished it. It was so good.
Well, the next day, I felt awful. Thankfully, I never puked. Maybe because I just refused to eat.
:)
When mom is sick, kids get spoiled.
Gideon enjoyed being read to and played with all day.
That evening we went to our final Christmas. Number 6 of 6. The Romersberger. It is more of a reunion than a Christmas, but it still counts.
The cousins.
Friday, I was out and about. Emily, a good friend of mine from church, has started a little coffee camper. She takes it to events or just to businesses for the day. I stopped by. It's such an adorable camper and the coffee is great. :)
:)
Gideon got to spend another day at the farm. Jack was there too, and he was excited to see Aurelia when I came back.
:)
Saturday was a gorgeous day. We took the kids out on a walk.
:) she looks so cute with that hat
Hoping to get Gideon to play by himself for more than five minutes, I gave him beans to play with...
He loves them. It worked for a short time.
Girly had a diaper disaster ...she got her first sink bath
Aurelia loves Gideon's bed because of the planes above it. It is quite hilarious.
So, Christmas is officially over and we are in 2019. I'm thankful that this year the Christmases were more spread out. We all had time to rest and prepare between each event. I feel like even with a two year old and a baby, I was able to enjoy the season more than I have in a long time.
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment