Saturday, January 26, 2019

Snowy January

What have we been up to...

Little girlie just keeps getting bigger and cuter. :) 

having a little chat
 In an effort to keep Gideon more occupied, I gave him some beans to play with.
:)
They are relatively easy to clean up and he loves to play with them, so I'd call it a victory. 

He loves helping me cook. Which can be fun and incredibly frustrating at the same time. 

Aurelia loves Gideon. She gives him the biggest smiles and watches him play.   
:)

On the 10th, I went to our church's mom's group. We discussed our Bible study while the kids played in the basement. A few ladies from church watch the kids in the basement and do activities with them. I think Gideon thoroughly enjoyed it. 

After lunch we went out to Jessica's and met with Rebecca to play with Avery, Isaiah, and Eva.  It was a pretty big day for Gideon. 

 That weekend we got a ton of snow. 

Gideon had fun scooping.


 It was so deep and fresh that we decided to make snow ice cream.

:)


It actually was pretty good. I'll try not to think about the nasty things from the atmosphere that could have been in it. 

 Sunday, church was canceled due to the weather. It was pretty clear by the afternoon and we were feeling shut in. So, we headed over to the farm for a better place to play. 

Oh dad. :)

He was a little worried.



Jack came!

Matt and Lena and Jack joined us.  They went back out in the snow and played a while more. 

little missy played happily inside.

That following Monday,  the fog froze or something. The trees were gorgeous. 

Moments like this that I can almost enjoy winter.  hehe.


One of my strategies to get my dishes done.

Gideon thought Aurelia's seat looked more fun. 

Trying to be more healthy and inventive in the new year leads to pretty meals like this:

Tuesday the 15th, we went up to church for sewing.  Aurelia was mostly happy and let me knot a few comforters. 

Cliff was there to keep Gideon occupied.

 That evening, We dropped BOTH kids off at my parents and went out on a much needed date night.  It had been so long since we had gone out alone. The quietness was amazing. :) Nathan was awsome and brought me flowers home from work. 
Eee!  :)

Isn't this the most cheery thing for such dark cold days!?!

We were planning to go out for Indian food, but alas, the restaurant was closed.  So we went to Anju Above. It's an interesting farm-to-table restaurant in Bloomington.  
I got Sushi. It was so good. 

Steamed buns. 

Nathan got pizza.

I was an incredibly picky eater growing up. So, it feels like a victory that I have a more adventuresome pallet than Nathan. :) And, for those with picky children, there is hope! :)



 This little girl just loves to sit up.  If I stuff a few blankets around her, Gideon's high chair keeps her happy for quite a while. 

I went over to Grandpa and Grandma's again to finish up the cookbook project. Pearl stopped by and I got a few more recipes from them both. 
Grandpa read Gideon a book. :)

Gideon helped me with the apples for dessert that evening.  
Such a cool invention.

 We had Philip over for supper.  He has a job at the private school outside of  Eureka and he's been living here in Goodfield. He stayed and played with Gideon for a while. 
soaking up the undivided attention

Let me interrupt with a few more adorable pictures:


Last Friday night, the 18th, we watched Jenny's girls.  It was quite fun. Gideon was so excited and wound up all evening. 
  I let Emmy and Gideon help make dessert.
(it wasn't on)
incredibly, there was no disaster

Cadence happily played with play-dough 


the finished product: skillet cookie

Nathan and Cecily played a game.

These three jumped on the bed while singing along to Tractor Tractor


Happy Sunday morning. 

 Tuesday morning,  we went to the Playhouse Museum.  Gideon loves it. It's such a great way to get out of the house and burn some energy. 

sand table






A full lap one lazy afternoon. 

Gideon 'helped' me mop the kitchen again. I try very hard not to squash his enthusiasm, but boy is it hard went there are huge puddles all over the floor. 

Quite contented after a massive diaper situation. :)

Thursday night, my High School friends got together.  We ate out at One World and the got non-coffee (we're too old for caffeine that late at night). It was a wonderful evening to catch up. :)
The girls :)
We are missing Haley, sick kids come first.

It's been 10 years since high school! 
We don't look a day older, do we? ;)

Craziness


This Friday night we hosted potluck.  

looks like we are ready ...hahaha

The kids were giving me fits and I took on more than I should have, so my mom came early and took Gideon to the farm. 

 Part of the issue was the dessert. I made a cheese cake on Thursday and left it out to cool when I went out with the girls. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator when I got home. It stayed out all night. So, I needed a second dessert that I had not planned on.  

We got it made, but with the kids, it took up a huge chunk of my day. 
Coco Flan
It looked so pretty. :)

and tasted awesome

Table set and ready :)

We hosted Ron & Pam, Dan & Donna, and Micah & Olivia. It was a nice evening. Wonderful food and great conversation. :)

We've muddled through most of January. It's been cold, but the snow has been nice. I much more enjoy clean white snow over greys and browns. 

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see the kids, hear about your activities and catch up! You are a busy lady:). Love the beautiful food pics, flowers too.
Love,
ak
PS Did I see on FB that you are back to work part time? How did that all come about? Where is the Gateway office located? You sound excited! Hope it is a good fit for you and family too.
Mom said on phone tonight how cute Gideon is and how he says "oh, my". She says he looks like his daddy. It was fun to hear her as she was so excited to share it. They light up her life!