Thursday, February 28, 2019

Busy February

We've been busy.  Every week fills up and suddenly there is no down time. Which, honestly is so much better for me. 

The weekend of Feb 9th and 10th, Tristan and Larissa invited us and some of the old U of I crew out to their house. We spent the afternoon and evening just chatting and catching up.  

It just so happened to be Tristan's birthday and Nathan's birthday the following week, so we had a party. :)

hehe

Gideon loved his hat

hahaha. the birthday boys

little missy needed a hat too. 

Zoya and Gideon playing

Times have changed. We used to sit around quietly, quite comfortable with that silence. But now,  there are kids for entertainment and months worth of catch up.  A great time was had by all.

Nathan and I stayed over night and went to church with them in the morning.  We don't get to Princeville enough so, it was a good chance. 


I had a photoshoot of sorts with the kiddos to attempt a Valentine's card to send out.  Hehe. Children are so frustrating. Gideon did not want to be near Aurelia and would not smile. After I bribed him with a really cool sucker, he cheesed it up way too much...



As good as it gets. Happy V-day :) hehe. 


Gideon is as ornery as all get out and a big helper... so sometimes I'm unsure which he is being. 

Taking daddy his lunch before work...

Valentine's Day is always an awkward holiday for us. I'm not a huge fan of over the top festivities. And, it's Nathan's Birthday. So, it's hard to figure out what we do for what.  We celebrated some on the 11th, we left Gideon at the farm and went out to eat. Then, I let Nathan check out a local game store. 

:)


 
Aurelia approves of my flowers. 

Gideon... He has decided it is fun to pull everything off of his bed, including the mattress.  He then sits in the pile and listens to stories. It keeps him occupied for almost an hour... I don't complain. It only takes five minutes to put back together.  I think he's a little confused why he doesn't get in trouble.

I cleaned my cousins house one day and went to Manna for Mom's, a young moms Bible study, another day. 

 In true Illinois fashion, it got really warm one day.  So, we went on a walk to the playground. 



girlie girl slept in the stroller while Gideon played.



he got muddy 

The 14th, Valentine's day and Nathan's birthday, we went out to the Braker's for the evening. I gave Nathan his gifts on the way. '

Their dog had puppies. 

Gideon loved them. 

Friday, we did a Valen-Birthday celebration here. 
:) Gideon loved the candles

One bath night, I showed Gideon how to make bubble beards... 
"You are Captain Naaman!"
(Captain Naaman and little maid is one of his favorite Bible stories)

:)

Saturday the 15th we went to Garrett and Melanie's for a game day. Garrett and Nathan have been good friends since high school.  Gideon was out of sorts all day and by the time we left, I realized he had a fever. 

That night he puked. All over.  
Laundry....
  
poor sick kid.

His fever stuck around for a few more days and it ended in a bad cold. It was so odd that this bug was almost identical to the bug he had a few weeks before. 


destroying mommy's flowers

Then came the mouse. 
I noticed mouse droppings all over our kitchen counter one day. (ew ew ew ew. so unsanitary)   We set traps and waited.  Well, one of the nights Gideon was sick, Nathan saw the mouse. Upstairs!   The next day, Gideon told me nonchalantly that he had seen a mouse in his room. Late that afternoon I heard him screaming upstairs. Only to find him dancing around and sobbing that a mouse had got him. And there in the hall was a mouse running around in circles trying to find a way out. 
I cornered it under the bed in the toy/extra room upstairs. Nathan got home about 5 minutes later. 

After much shrieking on my part and destroying the room, we caught the mouse. 


the contents of the room, now in the hall

yay!

We've left the traps set and have seen no sign of any other mice since. 

cashed out

One afternoon I thought I would be a fun mom and let Gideon paint....
apparently I am not a good enough artist.

this doesn't look enough like a train...

Aurelia is offended at the thought of laying down. She sits now. 
:)

There was another slightly warm day. I took the kids out again. I forgot about mud.


Poor Gideon got stuck and then came right out of his shoes.

Aurelia enjoyed sitting outside :)

 Friday night, Gideon got to go to Young Group babysitting. Nathan and I took advantage by going out on a date night ;) hehe We went to Taco Bell, Walmart, and Homegoods.  

Saturday, I got fingerprinted for the FBI. Hehe. It was for work.  Because we do international adoptions, regular fingerprinting doesn't work.  

I had some fun Saturday afternoon. I made chai tea macarons. :)


They turned out really good! :)

They tasted fantastic and the house smelled so good the rest of the day. :)


Saturday evening, we went to Grandpa's birthday party. He's 94!

Ron and Kary taught us a fun game


We pulled taffy

Sunday, after church the siblings took Grandpa and Grandma out to eat. So, us cousins had Buffalo Wild Wings at Fred and Di's before Hymn Sing. 

 This week has been slightly crazy.  We've left the house every day this week.  Monday was work as usual. I finally got a picture of my office:
It needs a little bit more color. But, this is the nicest office I've ever had. 

Aurelia got a sink bath.


hehehe. Why is baby chub so cute!?

Tuesday, we did groceries, chiropractor appointment, and met Larissa and Jessica for lunch. 

Wednesday, we went to the Playhouse with Kendra and Katherine. 

Adelaide and Gideon

Sand table

random kid, Adelaide, Gideon, Brielle, and random kid in the very front.

Gideon mad a lunch

Helping me make cookies later
 While Gideon and Aurelia took naps I tried another kind of macaron. These didn't turn out as well. Though, I know what went wrong. 
chocolate peanut butter
They taste so good! 

So far today, I'm trying to get on top of the disaster that this house is, we delivered a meal, and took Aurelia's 5 month pictures. 



Here is some reality:

hehe




hahahaha


Work has been going well. I work Mondays and Fridays  in the mornings. So far it's only been training. But, I'm enjoying it and can't wait until I can do a bit more on my own. My mom watches the kids, so they get plenty of grandma time. Thankfully, Aurelia is taking a bottle now, which has made leaving her so much easier. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: