(Part two of another round of catch-ups)
May. One of my favorite months.
For May Day, I bought a pretty bouquet from the grocery store and split it up. I took some across the road to Connie. I took Gideon and Aurelia with me. Aurelia was so excited to be in a new place, she kept giggling. Gideon sat on the couch like a little statue. hehe. He was surprised to hear that Connie was a grandma too.
Before church that night we dropped off some flowers for Grandma and then took some to the Condos for Great Grandma Wyss and Pealine, who both gave Gideon candy for his efforts. :)
I love flowers.
Gideon is super friendly. He thinks we know everyone. If we are in the grocery store he is always asking "what was that man?" "We don't know Gideon, just a nice man." It gets kind of tiring when, since he attracts the attention of the entire store, I have to explain that, for the 100th time, I don't know who that is.
For some reason he has gotten in the habit of calling everyone and anyone 'honey'. Construction workers across the road, older ladies, older men, and our licensing worker. We had our bi-annual license update and our new worker came to do paperwork and look at the house. She was as kind as could be and for someone who has seen their share of the world, she didn't look anything noteworthy. However, to a two year old... in her own words she "normally scares children". Not Gideon. He was bouncing off the walls. "Hey! hey, honey! come over here and look at my toys!" Climbing onto the table trying to look at the paper work, running around the kitchen singing at the top of his lungs, and telling her mixes of all of his favorite stories. Poor lady. I'm thankful he waited until she left to ask "hey mommy, she...that man? what was that?"
Have I ever mentioned that I have clingy children?
Trying to do my hair.
It rained. A lot. Our basement got wet. Its gotten damp a few times since we've lived here, but this is by far the wettest. Matt and my dad came over one evening to help us carry out the carpet.
We dried it in the garage for a couple of days.
And one of the main reasons I love May... Lilacs. :)
beautiful lilacs.
:)
I probably scare a lot of people by the amount I let my kids on the counter. But, really it's the only way I can ever get work done in the kitchen without them whining at my legs.
I thought I had moved the flowers where she couldn't reach them.
I caught him using my egg slicer to chop up broccoli...
At bedtime, Nathan reads Gideon a few Bible stories...
I love this picture :)
:)
On May 5th, we went to an Andrew Peterson concert. I'm not normally a concert person. But, its probably one of the most non-concert like concerts ever. It was hosted by a local Christian private school, about half of the audience was AC, a good portion Mennonite, and he starts the audience singing a hymn to quiet us.
Anyway, it was cool. It was his Easter tour. So, after intermission he sang songs about the cross. After each song, he blew out a candle and the room darkened a bit. Once all the candles and lights were out, we all sat and prayed in silence. And then, he sang about the resurrection.
:)
It was a beautiful evening.
Our rhubarb plant went rather crazy in the garden. So, I of course had to make pie.
my little helper
strawberry rhubarb pie. yum.
Nothing is safe in this house anymore.
little cutie.
The kids played.
Grandpa and hid boys.
haha poor grandma. Loved by all.
hahaha she loves her dragons
look at me mom!
little night owl enjoying the breeze
:)
You know, some days I feel like I'm just getting
mauled by slobbery snotty little monsters.
ew.
This makes things frustrating for Gideon. He can't play with his beans or his new favorite toy Eye Spy.
This little stinker can now reach on the coffee table too.
And she gets into his clothes....
and the dishwasher...
what? I'm not doing anything
We had a play day at the farm with Jack.
:)
All the heart eyes...
she loves playing outside.
One evening we ran to McDonald's, Walmart, and Menard's. It was great fun. Gideon desperately wanted to play in the play place but he's too short and scared. Poor kid.
hehe
these boys
It still needs some work but it already looks so much better.
Thankfully even after all this rain, the roof has held up now that Herb fixed it.
Mother's Day
The Wysses got together Saturday so we joined them.
Sunday, we went to church in Washington. Nathan and I were getting sick and the kids needed decent naps so it was just easier to head out to the Braker's in the afternoon.
We ate supper at David and Jessica's.
Aurelia and Grandma
bubbles!
I've said it before, Mother's Day is an awkward holiday for me. It's too bad it's not "Older Mother's Day" or "Grandmother's Day". I'm happy to celebrate it for others. But, little kids don't know to act better or sleep better. Rushing out the door to church with a toddler and a baby, packing up food to go to a family gathering after church, and coming home way later than bedtime...it's just not all that fun. Not that it has to be, nor do I expect it to be. But, it just doesn't feel all that celebratory yet. And, I'm fine with that. I just wish there wasn't the expectation to TRY to make it special when reality is just a bit to chaotic for that.
I love being a mom. So, there's that. :)
Happy Mothers Day to me.
Do I look tired? Because I am...
I was sick and my kids don't sleep.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment