The past few weeks have been relatively uneventful and calm. The kids don't seem to mind or notice that we aren't going anywhere or doing anything.
As more things were canceled and days opened up, we spent more time home playing with the kids.
Aurelia loves to play with babies
reading
making lunch
For a bit of a change, I rolled out some brown wrapping paper on the kitchen floor and let them color.
and then we drew roads and train tracks on the other side
They both love to use the little vacuum. I don't complain.
:)
One morning Gideon and Aurelia were playing Donuts.
So, since we had nothing that day again, I decided we should make real donuts.
happy yeast
glazed
sprinkles
Gideon got to help frost and put sprinkles on some
He had a blast
Every day I would see that Illinois was having a nice sunny day and kids were outside playing. In Indiana, it was cold and rainy. I still tried to get the kids out as much as possible.
getting very cold and wet
playing "the floor is lava"
Aurelia is short (if you were unaware), but that doesn't keep her from trying things. She has been working on getting out of her crib or in to it. And, it just seemed like it was getting to be more dangerous than it was worth. So, we took the side off.
very pleased with her new bed
(she picked out her outfit that day...)
When we moved, I got rid of the kids' water table. It was a junky dirty thing I found for $3 on a garage sale. So, for this year, I got the kids a new one.
Not warm enough for water yet, but they didn't care
We went on duty again at the end of March. They have managed to keep the school at Gateway up and running. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about that.
The Corona Virus. In the beginning it was majorly down played. I don't think anyone believes China any more. And, now it's such a redicuous political tool that it's hard to sort out the politics from the outdated information, the fear tactics, conspiracy theories, the over cautious from the under cautious. Whatever the causes, conspiracies, malicious intents, or lack thereof, it's here and it's worse than we initially were led to believe.
From the beginning, I think Nathan and I played a bit more on the cautious side. Gideon's lungs have always been beaten up by what to Aurelia was just a normal cold. That's not something I take lightly when this is a virus that targets the lungs. So, we really have been barely leaving our home or Gateway circle. It's been frustrating to cancel plans and not be able to see family. But, hopefully our lack of contact will help out hospitals and medical professionals, and give more time to medical researchers.
The main fear for me is that it would 1. do a number on Gideon and 2. once on campus, everyone would be exposed and everyone would be miserably sick. (Honestly, even having MOST everyone being just mildly sick, would be an incredibly stressful thing)
Anyway, back on duty...
One morning the kids and I took a walk to the barn and chased some chickens in the woods.
:)
snacks with Bodi
Brock, from the school, wanted residents to collect worms for him (for fishing??). Gideon and Aurelia thought that was a fun idea so they went worm hunting for Brock too.
found one!
She found one too!
cups full of worms, ready to deliver to Brock
Chalk with Bodi
Gideon and Aurelia stood in our sink and talked to them through the window...
It felt like we were really quarantined. haha
The Schlipf's sent us a care package in the mail. :)
Kacie is forever doing DIY projects... t
his was her finished product after removing her popcorn ceiling.
she came over to play games one afternoon.
The kids helped me make brownies... I tell you. They LOVE helping bake. But, it is so stressful.
And then April Fools day came... and I couldn't resist.
Hehehehe.
Our poor residents.
They were ugly, but you would never guess what was hidden beneath
I made some good ones too. They were actually fantastic. :)
two sillies...
Aurelia's post nap look is the best. She comes bumbling out of the bedroom, hair a complete mess, with the biggest scowl you've ever seen. Normally, before I can catch a picture, she cracks and starts grinning. But, I did get one:
hehehe
Why I never get anything done. Or, if I do get anything done, it's hard to tell if it is worth it....
They emptied all of their drawers,
all of the sheets and blankets off of their beds, unfolded all of the laundry,
and dumped it into a big pile...
Early April, we had some fabulously beautiful days. Gideon wanted to spend all day outside playing with Bodi.
This TV played an 8 hour long video of the beach, complete with the sound of waves
coconut scented candles
Yard games with the other houses
water table
rock painting
kinetic sand
Chelsea stopped at our house and brought our kiddi pool
during quiet time, Chelsea and I sat in the sun and watched the kids :)
and, as is her tradition, Aurelia fell asleep on the beach
We had pina coladas and ocean jellos with supper
coconut cream pie for dessert
:p
It was a wonderful day. The weather was perfect. The residents all did really well and I think they all enjoyed it.
Chess is now the game of choice at Pine. Don't ask me why.
Even Gideon is getting in to it
hehe
This child...
Last week we finally got our trampoline set up again.
The kids are having so much fun with it.
I started my container gardening attempt.
We will see if anything comes up.
I hope that there is a local greenhouse that is still open.
static!
snack on the driveway
little grump
"church" and Aurelia destroying it.
Then one day, Jenny sent us a video of her girls doing their Easter program. And Gideon wanted to do one too. So...
they got all dressed up.
Gideon chose the songs and sang them really well. Aurelia mostly danced around beside him. It was fun. :)
Then they found a puddle outside to jump in.
and we got out the water table and pool again
I've been doing a lot more video chatting these days.
chatting with Emily, Joy, Katy, and Haley
catching up with Ellie, Wendi, and Kendra
The cousins even Zoom-ed last night. We had a pretty good turn out! Though not pictured, we got to meet the youngest Wyss! Baby Krew made his debut. :)
Those Wyss boys...
And then they left us with just a picture...
So that's about it. We've caught two moles in our back yard. We are enjoying the early bits of spring and I can't wait for even warmer weather. Sadly, we had to cancel our vacation to Florida. I was looking forward to the beach.
In Christ
~Michelle




No comments:
Post a Comment