Thursday, April 30, 2020

Easter and the following weeks

Like everything else this year, and like everyone else, Easter was an odd one.  We stayed home in the morning, listened online to a sermon, and relaxed. 
The kids' mini Easter baskets

Gideon was quiet happy with his.
No need to go overboard 

German puff pancake for breakfast

 After naps, we headed over to Pine. The kids got to do an egg hunt with the residents. 
he found some!

Aurelia loved finding the colorful eggs. 


Gideon, Aurelia, and Bodi making sure they got all the candy out

This is what I love...

 We let Matt smoke a brisket of ours. It turned out fantastic.  Rachael made a spiral ham and the residents helped with sides. I made a lemon blueberry cake for dessert. It turned out so good. :)
yum.

It was a good Easter. We had change over that night and went on duty. 

Aurelia helped me restock some of the 'special drinks'

HP kid life...
Bodi likes to pop over and play a lot. 
Which is great, because he helps keep Gideon occupied. 

It was kind of a bummer of a week. There wasn't much going on and all week long I kept remembering that we were supposed to be in Florida. We had booked a nice little beach vacation with the kiddos. Sadly, due to all of the craziness going on with the corona virus, we had to cancel. 



Glow stick bath!

:)

hehehe

cooking up a storm

she needs boots. 

farming til he drops

I couldn't hold out any longer. I made a trip out an bought plants one morning. 
:) happy happy day

They so desperately wanted to help

container gardening begins

One of the things I miss about our old house, was the flowers. I had a magnolia tree that bloomed early spring, followed by lilacs, peonies by mid may, butterfly bush, and hollyhocks. By summer my zinnias and dahlias were blooming in the garden.   Here, you never know how long you'll live in one place. It's hard to plant a garden or do anything permanent. 

We did however get the ok to improve the front of the house. 
say farewell to the ugly brown door...

After!

Not only does it look nicer, the new door has a sliding glass/screen so I can leave the door open, let light in, and let the kids look outside without letting in the temperature as well. 


watching the garbage truck...


sunny dandelion picking 

We all have those days...
One day I was an accident start to finish.

arg.

We were on duty this past Saturday and Sunday. We've done many weekends before, but this is our first full weekend since the lockdown.  7 residents all day for 2 whole day is exhausting.  They ask questions, need redirecting, supervising, etc.  non-stop. Our kids were not getting the attention they need so they were both horrible messes. Plus it was raining out and they couldn't go play. 

There were a few times Nathan was not available, our kids were screaming like they were dying back in our room, but the residents can't be left alone...so what do you do?  That part is really hard. 

Sunday, We listened to the sermon and watched a few Christian short videos on Youtube about the Gospel and the names of Jesus.  

 When the residents were back in quiet time Nathan told me to go relax... well, if it says anything about me, I chose to bake. 
cocoflan 
One of the most fabulous desserts. 

The wonderful thing is, the residents eat most of it so I don't have to worry about eating too much. 

Monday was so much better.  It was beautiful out and the residents went to school. 
:)

playing at the playground 


picnic with Bodi

So, for the past year (it feels like) we've been potty training Gideon. He's pretty much there, he just needs to prioritize it over making sure his toys don't get stolen by Aurelia.  Or, not wanting to stop what he's doing. 

We were outside and he was insisting he didn't have to pee, even though it had been all morning.  I told him he could learn to pee on a tree. So, he did. Right there in the middle of campus. hehehe

Then later that day when the residents were home from school. I heard shouts and laughter...
yup...
all the residents saw. 


the decor brought to you by Gideon and Aurelia :)


We got off duty and came home to this:
Eeeee!!! I'm very excited. 

I'm starting to get very stir crazy, homesick for Illinois, and so ready to be done with quarantine. Gideon has started begging me to just "drive somewhere" and "let's go to the farm". Facetime and MarcoPolo just don't cut it anymore. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: