Friday, August 28, 2020

Move to Maple, Summer winding down

A lot has happened since July.

First things first, a very belated announcement that I am indeed expecting baby #3. Due in February. We are all excited.  

My mom came out to visit and help us prep for our move.  We took the kids to the splash park one day. 


They love just wandering up and down the "waterfall"



Pool time back home


The kids love going to the barn on campus. 

We went back on duty for the last time at Pine. Though, it won't really be our last time, since we will be filling in here and there while we are waiting to open Maple. 

The kids of course got in to trouble

I took the girl residents to the pool again on afternoon. The kiddos were happy to play in the pool again. 

And then moving began.  We took load after load of stuff to Maple house.  Moving only a mile away is definitely easier than a 5 hour move.  However, we were not as organized packing, so that made it a way more messy and drawn out ordeal. 

first picnic, on a box, at Maple 

he loves climbing trees

empty closets make for perfect hiding spaces

silly girl... pjs, socks, and flip flops


And, our furniture was officially moved.

The only mishap was our box spring flew off during the drive.  It was salvageable, just a bit dirty. 

These kids. They love peeing outside. 
Which is so fun now that we are on campus.

And then, Nathan and I celebrated 7 years!  We left the kids with my parents at Rita and Loren's and went out to eat. We had a gift card to Baker Street. It was fantastic. Maybe a little more fancy than we normally go, but boy was it good. 

Crab dip appetizer... 

fillet medallions... so stinkin' good.

:) look at us. We haven't changed a bit in 7 years...ha. 


One evening we went to an escape room with Pine House. It was a lot of fun. We raced the guys. They won. But we escaped too, so it was all good. 


the nice things about masks is I don't have to edit the pictures to share them

Once I finally got our apartment put together and cleaned I took pictures:




Nathan's family came out to visit for a long weekend. Since we don't have residents, we were able to keep them all at Maple house.


a walking tour of campus

trip to the local "dead zoo" 


coffee

games

We went swimming while the guys went kayaking

a hike at Metea Park

reading books with Grandpa and Grandma


Our main duties since our move have been extra grocery shopping, helping out the houses, cooking meals for the houses, and keeping up with other maintenance tasks. 

Gideon and Aurelia helped me bake cookies one night. They had so much fun. I tried very hard to not be stressed. 

:)

Bodi ...
who knows what these two are up to

more swimming :)

We took a day trip to the Indiana Dunes for a getaway. It was a beautiful day at the beach. 



They kids loved swimming even though the waves made them a little nervous. 

They wanted to climb a dune so we had to go with them...

cheese balls :)
It was such a great day. 

finally got sand for our sandbox! 

 a very friendly local kitty likes to stop by
The kids love him

any time I get coffee...

We've gotten to swim at the Klop's pool a few more times.  It's so perfect with the shallow end. 


These kids like to pretend they are exercising... I should probably actually exercise more.

playing in the play house:)

The kids are living it up this summer. They play non stop all day. They have some pretty rough moments but boy do they have fun. Nathan and I are trying to keep up with all of our new responsibilities. Hopefully things will calm down a bit after we catch up. 

I love summer and I'm sad we are reaching the end of it. I'm hoping for a crisp, mild fall with plenty of time to play outside.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: