Saturday, February 12, 2011

Revathy

Revathy Nanda Kumar lives in India. I write to her through Compassion International. She lives in a large city on the coast with her grandparents. I sent her some money as a birthday gift and received a thank you.

"Thank you very very very much. I bought one wooden cot and a mattress. I love to sleep on the cot, because I used to sleep on the floor." - reality check. She is 18 years old.

I really like my feather bed. I can't imagine sleeping on the floor every day. Someday I want to go visit her but right now the tickets are really expensive. So, there will not be a Great India Expedition until I am out of college with money. sigh.

Life has been dull lately. The most exciting thing I have done lately is read Jane Eyre. Which is an amazing book...but all the excitement is imaginary. Maybe all the snow melt will cause the great flood of '11 and they will close school...or we could go canoe-ing down the street. :)

Wishful thinking, I know.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: