Thursday, March 10, 2011

Classics

I'm in Lit 111 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Frankenstein is probably one of the best (and there are many) novels ever. Jane Eyre tops it all. I absolutely loved that book. The discussions revolved around morals and principles and holding fast to Christian beliefs in the face of temptation. Awesome. :) Charlotte Bronte knew what she was talking about.

Right now we are in to short stories. Yay. Such wonderful classics like The Cask of Amontillado, The Lottery, The Bet, and They. :) Strangely (or not) I find I like the slightly morbid stories the best. Edger Allan Poe just knew how to write a creepy story. One of my favorites was The Fall of The House of Usher. Also, I will never forget The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, a creepy Twilight Zone story I read in Middle School.

After Spring Break I have to choose a book to write a report on. I'm stuck between Rebecca, 1984, Anna Karenina, Wuthering Heights or something more light, like Persuasion. So many good books :). Someday I will read them all.

Spring break starts tomorrow! :)

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ooo... Anna Karenina is fantabulous, but kinda long. :) Wuthering Heights needs to be read on cold dreary, rainy days which hopefully will be gone soon. 1984 has been discussed to death. I vote for Rebecca or Persuasion. :)

Michelle said...

:) I'm thinking Rebbecca. Though I'll probably have nightmares about Miss Danvers...:)