Well, school is in full swing after break. Everyday is full of pretty much the same thing as the day before. ugh. At least spring is finally starting to show up a bit more.
I quit work officially last Thursday. I have plans every weekend until the end of May. So, I had to quit. I'm going to miss parts of it but, it is so nice to have my weekends. Now I need to find a job for the summer. Right now I'm doing a real good job procrastinating. :)
Last weekend our yg had an invite a friend. It was a really good turn out and a ton of fun. I helped out in the kitchen before supper. It was a little hectic. Less than half an hour before we were supposed to be eating we realized that some of the chicken was still frozen. The chicken on the sides of the roaster was burnt and getting dried out. So, some of the guys went and bought BBQ sauce while us girls ran around the kitchen shuffling chicken to and from the oven. It turned out ok I guess because people ate it and went back for seconds.
This week I finished reading As I Lay Dying by Faulkner. That was probably one of the strangest books I have ever read in my life. If you think I'm being dramatic read it for yourself. The shortest chapter reads: "My Mother is a fish." And it gets weirder than that. "The reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time" says the main character who is actually dead the majority of the book.
So, in class recently we've been discussing gay marriage...(stepping onto soap box)....arg! Really. Since when has believing something because of your religion not been accepted as an argument? Christ is why I believe what I believe. If you don't agree with me at least respect me for it instead of brushing it off as less than a reason. They are trying to separate church and me instead of church and state. :P (ok....lol stepping off the soap box) I should be used to it by now. But, I'm not and I don't think I ever will be. Oh, the joys of majoring in an almost completely liberal field. :)
Anyway...besides the everyday college annoyances, life is just plugging right along. :)
In Christ ~Michelle
2 comments:
Try "The Sound and the Fury" it's equally weird, if not weirder.
hmm...maybe not.
Post a Comment