
Last week ICC yg took a trip down to Nashville with World Relief to help rebuild houses. WR is stationed at a Christian summer camp in the hills west of Nashville. The camp had bunk rooms for us, which was really nice. Each room had its own shower and only six bunks!
my bunk room
The Camp
We went to Nashville church on Sunday and after church we had orientation and learned what we would be doing all week. As is usual with a group of hyper college students we didn't go to bed until well after mid-night. :)6:00 am - alarm goes off
6:15- roll out of bed
6:30- dressed and ready, packing lunches
7:00- breakfast and job assignments
8:00 - we arrived at the job site
12:00pm- lunch break
4:45- clean up
5:00- back at camp
6:00- supper
7:00- Bible study
9:00- games
12:00? - maybe we should go to bed ...:)
That was the schedule almost every day. So, its needless to say Monday was full of rude awakenings. I hadn't gotten up that early and worked that hard in a long time. Also, the hot water heaters didn't work, so... yah. There were a lot of shouts and shrieks and quick showers.
My job on Monday was at the McCutcheon house. I grouted kitchen floor all day long.
Tuesday I switched job sites to the Nelson house. There I scrubbed the tile floor, sealed the grout, and scrubbed it again. My knees kill.
The rest of the week I stayed at Nelson's and did odd jobs. I stained, painted, cut and hung trim, built and installed cabinets, dug up garbage from the flood, helped hang doors and put on door stops, and ran back and forth from the trailer grabbing whatever I was sent for.
The Nelson's house
We took a hike to a tunnel sunday after church :)
Another hike we took on one of the shorter work days.
lunch on the job
paint fight with Brooke :)

This was my little box. I spent a very long time cramped in here sanding and then painting it.
my crazy crew rode back to camp like this
my crew for the majority of the week
By Friday, they didn't have enough work for us, so we quit at noon. One of the home owners, Dave, owns Foggy Bottoms Canoe Rental, and gave us a free canoe trip down the Harpeth river. It didn't take long before we were all soaking wet. :) I was stupid and took my camera. It was in my pocket, in a zip-lock bag when I fell into the river. The bag must have had a hole because my camera was floating in water the next time I looked at it. :( My camera no longer works.

5 comments:
So sad you didnt get to work with me all week.
hm...? anonymous.
(I'm guessing you are mark :) lol)
yes it was very sad. :( we got to work together on monday though.
Enjoyed reading about your trip. I learned a few things too:)
There are a lot of blessings and learning . . . from being together and from the people and work. Love, A. K.
I can not believe you got paint on the sacred low brass hoodie. What were you thinking!?
I know... :( very sad.
Post a Comment