All we knew was that we were going somewhere, about 4 hours from here, in some direction, to spend the weekend and we were supposed to be at church at 10am on Sat. to load the bus. I was extremely excited (to put it mildly :D ) and spent a lot of time trying to pry where we were going out of my cousins. About an hour into the trip we had it narrowed down to about 3 possible places and not much longer after that and it was announced: we were headed to Bloomfield!
So, I was once again thrilled. Some of my cousins live there and out of approximately 100 churches, I had been to 51 (woohoo!) Bloomfield made it 52!
When we arrived Kendra W. (my cousin) and my uncle Russel was waiting to greet us. He is very close up there as one of the sweetest old men ever. The rest of their yg joined us on the bus and took us on a tour of Amish country. We went to a furniture store, a horse collar shop, and a buggy shop. I learned way more about horses then I ever cared to, but it was tons of fun anyway :).
They gave us one of the most delicious and original suppers I've ever eaten. We started out by playing a mixer game and then went through the line with those we didn't know. We were served soup and salad and sent back out into the main room. There we played another game to mix up for the main course which we also did again for dessert.
Joy and I stayed at Jackie W.'s house. We had an amazing time and some rather humorous conversations.
Sunday was lovely all around (though I found it is quite universal for men to assume that because they are hot, everyone else is too. Therefor, how about turning the thermostat down to an insanely cold temperature while the women huddle together in the benches trying to stay alive). Also, I learned I am related to about half of the church in Bloomfield. After church we sang for the elderly and had yet another wonderful meal before heading home.
So, Washington's first annual Mystery Trip can be declared a success :).
Ooo...and I am absolutely loving the warm weather :). It can stay as long as it wants.
In Christ ~ Michelle
6 comments:
So by the level of enthusiasm can I safely assume my next bro-in-law will be from Bloomfield?
HA!
I stick my tongue in your general direction :P
meany. in your (and dad and matt's) hunting dreams!
:P
PS
I can't skin a coon or cook a squirrel so I don't think anyone's hopes will be dashed.
Hahaha. These comments cracked me up.
But like Matt said before we left, Shelly, "there should be enough to go around." ;)
that goes for you too wendi ;) hehehe...
lol....
Post a Comment