Sunday, May 1, 2011

Change

I was excited. I am excited. But, I was sad. I still am sad.


yah. I hate mixed emotions.


I know everyone says "you'll move on, its not that bad." But I don't want to move on! I like things the way they are. I am perfectly content and will remain so ...unless things change and then I'll have to readjust. Which I don't like doing.


Really I'm happy for her. Really, really happy for her. She is so happy and peaceful, and they are so stinkin' cute together, and he's the nicest guy on the face of the earth, and she totally deserves it, but I guess I'm just scared.


Scared that It'll be like my mom and some of her friends who just say hi in passing, that like my high school friends we'll start to move on and be perfectly fine with it, that someday we'll be sending Christmas cards to each other and our kids will say "who are those weird people."

I'm not going to let it happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, Wednesday night Ellie wanted us all to get together with her at the blend. Well, I was suspicious. We got our drinks and sat down. And then she pulled out her cellphone and showed us a text from him. Ellie is engaged. Needless to say we had to stifle our screams and giggles as not to alert the whole place. :) It was a lot of fun and eventually we moved out side where we screamed, and laughed, and said things like "wow, um, wow....oh my." (very profound I know)


I had plans this weekend, that now I had to cancel without telling why. So, I concocted a lame excuse about homework and hoped it was convincing.


After surviving through the rest of the week, Kendra, Wendi, Larissa, and I got together to hash the whole thing over on Friday. We walked around Washington talking about pretty much nothing else. :)


Ellie invited us over on Saturday to meet Troy. I told my parents I was going "shopping" with Kendra. hehehe. I'm so horrible. It was tons of fun and made me feel a ton better about a strange guy taking my Ellie away :). He is cool. They told us their story and showed us ideas for the wedding. Ooo...which I get to be in!!!
Saturday night after he went back home Kendra, Wendi and I got together with Ellie. That was another series of mutterings of excuses for why I was hanging out with my friends for the third time. :) Anyway, we played dutch blitz and hung out and had fun.


Today we all sat up front in church and tried to stay calm while the announcements were read. So, now its official, Ellie is moving away in three months.



Anyway, so this afternoon I was bored and I was looking though all my pictures to find some for the scrapbook page. (oh yay!) And I found a few fun ones

Aw.... we had some great times. :)



These next few months are going to be packed full of crazy fun. I'll get over my selfish "poor me" attitude eventually so don't feel bad for me. And, I'm moving down to U of I this fall anyway...things will change...but I still don't like it ;)

In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Bittersweet. :)

From experience... if you want to stay friends, you have to make the effort just as much as Ellie. You can't just wait around for her to keep in touch, you need to also.

hehe... most of the Christmas cards we get from weird people are Mom's relatives... I mean, I didn't say that out loud...

Wendi Jo said...

Hahaha. I didn't even realize I put the same blog title as you. Funny!

Michelle said...

haha...soo true jenny...but even so :) hehe.

wendi you are such a copycat, at least i know i'm cool.