Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Freezing my face off

So....I got my wisdom teeth hacked out of my mouth on Monday.

Before they gave me the IV they made me breath some sort of gas. It felt like I was being squeezed to death. My arms and legs were really heavy and my throat was burning. It was so weird. As always when you are in an odd situation with things covering your face, the lovely ladies in the room try to have a conversation with you. Seriously. I was basically high on some anesthetic and they are asking where I went to school, what I'm majoring in, and how many siblings I have. Really? I know you're going to stab me with that huge needle, just do it already! :) So, the last thing I remember was freaking out about the IV in my arm.

I don't remember much. I woke up, asked for chapstick, then I was in the van at a drive through window, then there was a milkshake in my hand, then I was at home running into the house to puke in the sink. :P

And since then I've been laying around the house with the funky ice pack thing around my head.

I'm supposed to be going on a trip this weekend. Woohoo for fat cheeks and the possibility of dry socket.

yah. Who's genius idea was this? "Lets make people spend tons of money on braces, and then tell them if they want to keep their nice smile they have to pay for surgery to extract teeth they don't have room for. Oh, and I almost forgot the best part. Let's make sure they don't do this until they are almost an adult. It's much more humiliating."

Whatever.
To those of you who haven't had them pulled yet: hehehe just you wait. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The horrors.

At least all that stomach acid is keeping your mouth nice and sterile...

-Jenny