Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Metzgerfest

My great-grandpa, Fred Metzger lived to be 104. He married my great-grandma 104 years ago, had 14 children, and now there over 1100 descendants.  The Metzgers are quite the bunch. We are German, we like our food, we are loud and we definitely state our opinion. :) I think I inherited a lot of Metzger.

So, last weekend we had a huge German themed reunion. We had brats, sauerkraut, potatos, and way more soft-serve ice cream than we could eat. I'm not a big fan of  German food, but I do like ice cream.
There were almost 250 of us that made it. I can't imagine what we would have done with more!
little German girls
 I got to do their hair. It was so much fun!

 passing out pretzels and non-alcoholic wine, beer,
and for those of us who don't think that even tastes good they had root-beer :).

 It was so crowded!

I had to do a skit, and I really hate skits. :P but I survived, and people laughed and had a good time, so I guess it was worth it.
I loved seeing the older generation, and listen to people reminisce and glorify the old days, and how this ought to be. There was a lot of talk about bananas, rhubarb, and old cars.
It's kind of funny. There were a lot of people that I didn't know, but there were a lot I did know but I didn't know I was related to. And, it's always great at yg things when you meet someone for the first time and it turns out your related. :)
Metzger girls :)
Lana, Kendra W, Meredith, me, Kendra L, Whitney

I was soo tired that night. Kendra W. spent the night at my house and we went to before midnight. Which is really rare for me. 

Sunday, they all came to washington church with us.  I think the rest of the church felt a little overwhelmed. And, who wouldn't. We're Metzgers after all. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

troy said...

Yep I'm proud to be a metzger,i have a lot of metzger blood i'm told. Troy

Michelle said...

1/4 to be completely correct ;)