This is my 50th post! And, in celebration of this occasion, I have decided to explain myself a bit. (warning, I get extremely long and rambley)
My dad always wanted a nurse.
Jenny became a chemist and the only thing I knew was that I did not want to be a nurse. I still had childhood dreams about becoming a famous scientist,or inventing a life saving machine. But, truthfully I had absolutely no idea until the end of my senior year of high school what I would do with my life.
When I finally found a career path I wanted, I knew it wasn't right. I was getting extremely frustrated that my life had no direction. Then I was introduced to the ACCFS career test and I thought that it would solve my problems. Wrong. There is a reason Pastor is not my chosen profession :)
After much stress, it seems the light bulb finally went on, and I began to pray about it. And God answered. If I wanted to live a life fully devoted to Him, I had to actually do it. My mind was changed from forensic science to social work. God opened my heart. He showed me destitution and poverty beyond my imagination. He showed my a world full of slaves I never knew existed. I realize now God was always molding me and preparing me for a different life.
It hasn't been an easy road so far, but that's not what I prayed for, and that's not what God wants of me. No strength that I have could ever get me through what I've been through. I have had to endure three hour lectures that ripped my faith to shreds, I've survived classes that preached sin, I've stood my ground alone in front of classrooms full of students, and the hardest thing still, is learning to love those who mock me. It's been hard but God has given me the strength to not really care, to stand up even if no one is looking. The crazy thing is: this is all in cozy, little small-town central Illinois.
After many closed doors, and God always leading the way, I was accepted into U of I's social work program. It's been truly amazing to look back on. I know its going to be hard, but I know what I will have to face and I know I will never have to face it alone.
He's on this road with me, He'll lead me all the way.
So, as I start a new semester in a new campus at the end of this summer, I ask for your prayers.
In Christ
~Michelle
3 comments:
. . . continuing to pray for you . .
aaawwww....:D
Just catching up! Who is Brooke?
I am thinking of you and your summer and looking forward to vacation with you?
It will be an interesting program and learning experience for you at U of I. We pray for you and know that Mary (and Laura) are looking forward to your arrival too.
Maybe you will get to Neal's more than Jake:)
Love, a.k.
Post a Comment