This past weekend worked out really well. A few of us were invited up to Belvidere for Ellie's singing shower on Sunday, and Kendra flew in to Midway airport on Monday night. Throw some shopping a woodfield in the middle, and that's what I call a perfect weekend. :)
On the way to church Sunday we got somewhat lost. (I was not driving) Wendi and I were in the back laughing while the driver and his co-pilot listened to Frank Sinatra. :) There is nothing like cruising around a small town on an early Sunday morning listening to Sinatra. hehe. We eventually found our way to the church and thoroughly enjoyed church, meeting new people, eating, singing, church, meeting more new people, singing, and eating some more.
We were invited over to the Steffen's for supper that evening and to spend the night. On the way we drove by Ellie and Troy's apartment. You can't see much from the outside...but it looks nice.
Supper was interesting... I kind of sort of had a laughing attack. It was rather humorous. The adults didn't know what to think. The cause had something to do with an inside joke, a borrowed skirt, and a very witty comment.
The rest of the evening was spent playing volleyball (which I'm not that bad at ;)...), throwing around a frisbee, and sitting by the fire.
We slept in the next morning. It was wonderful. Ellie, Wendi, Charity and I went shopping in the afternoon. I impressively only spent $10. :) We met Darcy and Troy for supper at PF Chang's. That is some very good Chinese. And, I learned to eat with chopsticks...which was quite an accomplishment. :)
So, we said our farewells (which took an extremely long time- thanks to Troy and Ellie) and hit the road for the airport. That was quite the experience. We drove through a rather crummy section of Chicago, which I didn't think was that bad but Ellie and Wendi were freaking out. Maybe there is something wrong with me, but people waiting for a bus stop seems perfectly harmless to me. :) Midway airport is really a nice airport and the whole process of picking up Kendra went smoothly. Except, Ellie and Wendi had to drive around the circle for 50 min. while I was inside waiting with Kendra for her luggage.
After all that fun...Tuesday was back to boring everyday life.
This afternoon we heard some awesome news. My cousin Kirk turned his life over the the Lord in repentance. :) !!!
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
You are the weird one who is afraid of the ICC library, but doesn't lock her doors on the South Side....
hey! I used the library a lot last semester...it wasn't too bad after all :D I don't like to lock my doors...what if i drove off a bridge and I couldn't get out ?!!
hehe...really though I still don't get why you'd lock if you were driving.
Post a Comment